Menu
Chazblade777
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Sky Sports online fullscreen.

I can't get any of the Sky Sports channels I subscribe to in fullscreen mode anymore. I used to be able to until a few weeks ago. I can only watch Sky Sports News in fullscreen because it's through TV Anywhere. Any of the channels that have to be viewed through Sky's site won't go fullscreen. I'm on OSX El Crapitan....Has anyone got a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Sky Sports online fullscreen.

Hi Chazblade777, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue trying to stream in full screen mode. 

When did this start happening? 

Is there any error message that comes up when you are trying to select the Full Screen option?

What browser are you using?

Are you going directly through the Sky Sports website or going via TV Anywhere and allowing it to redirect you?

Let me know so I can help you with this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Chazblade777
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

I'm using Safari 9.1,1 and going through TV Anywhere and being redirected to the Sky site from there. There is no error message just the buttons for expanding the screen don't work. I click on them and nothing happens. It worked perfectly up to about a month, month and a half ago then stopped working. I've had issues with the Sky site before with its use of the rubbish silverlight app....... It was much better when we could watch Sky Sports on Virgin. The Sky site is terrible especially for us Mac users...

Cheers.....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chazblade777, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I understand it's frustrating when something isn't working correctly however we need to remember that it's Sky who owns the rights for their channels. We made an agreement with them to allow customers to be able to stream via Mobile or Tablet devices. It meant we done a complete over haul and we were then required to use their apps and website for Sky content. 

Try resetting the History, cache and cookies data. Set the Cookies option to 'Always'. Close the browser and then re-open it. 

Go directly to the Sky Sports website and select the Virgin Media logo on the Sign in page. 

Try and stream a channel you are subscribed to and let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Chazblade777
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've finally sussed this out. I read the solution on another thread. If you hover just above where the date is in the sky go window at the top right of the control panel. The expand buttons become highlighted and if you click there it goes full screen. Badly designed to be honest but at least i can watch in fullscreen now......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chazblade777,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know you've managed to resolve this. 

If you have any further issues, please come back and let us know.

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos