Menu
Stanl
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can't watch sky sports on my devices because it says my device limit has been reached.

I cannot get sky sports on either of my devices even though they were registered correctly and have no idea how to fix this without having to wait a month between deleting devices.

totally fed up with this and would like to know how to sort this out quicker than waiting 2 months.

very disgruntled at the moment

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't watch sky sports on my devices because it says my device limit has been reached.

Hi Stanl, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in coming back to you. 

Checking things at this end, I can see that since posting a new device has been registered. We have an iPad and an iPhone 5 currently registered. 

The device changes reset on the first of each month so if you want to change either of these, log in to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports

Delete the device you don't want registered and then you can re add the device you do by attempting to stream on it. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Stanl
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't watch sky sports on my devices because it says my device limit has been reached.

Well I cannot believe that after 24 hours no one from Virginmedia has been able to help me.

Roll on Xmas when I can ditch them and return to sky if this is the standard being set.

0 Kudos
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Stanl,

Here's a little snippet on how our forums works: The Basics

Who responds? 

Customers just like you! We have a community of super smart users who do a fantastic job on hand to answer your post. If you’re lucky they might be able to answer your question right away, or if you have a tricky issue they’ll help you provide as much information as possible so we can work out what needs to be done.  

Every so often our Forum Team may respond if things get particularly complicated. The team will do their best to help and if needed they’ll do some bits and pieces behind the scenes.

Sometimes replies can take some thought, so don’t worry if you haven’t got an answer right away, it can take some time to get the right people for the job.

Sit tight Stanl, I'm confident one of our wonderful members or forum team will be able to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Pete

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tonyriviere
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem. I keep having to re-register my iPhone 6 plus. A bit of a pain when I'm jumping on my phone to watch a penalty shoot out whilst out and about.

0 Kudos
Stanl
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What I cannot get my head around is that I have never had a problem until recently then none of my devices will work it is just frustrating.

just can't seem to get things to work again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Stanl, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in coming back to you. 

Checking things at this end, I can see that since posting a new device has been registered. We have an iPad and an iPhone 5 currently registered. 

The device changes reset on the first of each month so if you want to change either of these, log in to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports

Delete the device you don't want registered and then you can re add the device you do by attempting to stream on it. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
masefield
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have also found that I can't watch Sky Sports on my devices as the same error message keeps appearing - I have watched before on my laptop and have another laptop registered. I have not amended any devices, although my laptop has had Windows 10 downloaded , although I am not using Microsoft Edge, but still using IE. I have noted that there appear to be two sky devices registered. Please could someone confirm that the two sky devices are the same as the pre-registered  laptops on the Virgin Media profile. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi masefield, 

Thanks for your post and apologies that you too are having an issue watching Sky Sports content. 

You will be able to view which devices you have registered for use with the Sky channels by logging into anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

If there is a device you no longer want registered, or it the same as the one you want working now, delete it to free up the slot. 

Attempting to stream from the Sky channel will then re-register things. 

Whenever you perform an OS update, you'll need to re register the device. 

Let me know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Stanl
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is really strange I deleted my iPhone 5 and the Sky Sports app worked perfectly and so did the Virginmedia app.

i the re registered my iPhone 5 and now Sky Sports doesn't work any more saying my device limit has been reached.

Sky Movies is not a problem, works fine and always has done.😤😤😤

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stani, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm a little bit confused by your last message. 

Are you saying that your iPhone 5 is working without being registered? 

When you deleted the registration did you remove from both the Device Settings for TV Anywhere and then again on the Sky Movies & Sky Sports option? 

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos