Menu
RichG
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can't stream Sky Sports with registered device

Hi,

I am trying to steam sky sports but keep getting the device limit reached error.

I bought a new pc last month and before had no problem with my two registered devices (my pc and my tablet) but when I went to register my new pc last month it said I had used up my allotted spots and had to wait until today.

I have just checked and I am able to watch tv anywhere on the virgin site, as well as bt sports but when I go to Sky it says I need to register my device.

I understand I can remove my new pc and register at sky by logging in on their site but will that re-registering for Sky make my currently working registration for virgin and bt channels stop working for the pc ?

Also, before the new pc my registered pc was able to watch virgintv anywhere on any browser on the pc itself whereas on this new pc it appears to be locked to just the one browser ? (not a major issue, just was handy for those occasions when working within my main browser to be able to use a secondary browser to have the tv on).

Thanks for any help with my issue.

0 Kudos
RichG
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't stream Sky Sports with registered device

Ok, further to my earlier post to update as not sure how long it takes for replies from CS here but looking at other's posts it seems to be days at best (not complaining , just observing).

I went ahead and registered this pc with sky sports and sky sports will now play in firefox (and indeed only firefox, tried a number of other browsers and not supported). However when trying to watch bt sports or any channel being provided by VM I either get the device isn't registered (on some browsers) or it just sits and hangs and no picture or sound ever appears (so I'm not even sure if firefox for example is being recognised as my device for VM programming or not).

Very frustrating now as whilst I have access to sky sports I appear to have no access to anything else at all...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as have spent the last hour trying so many browsers (firefox, chrome, dragon, vivaldi, edge, safari) and basically got nowhere in terms of the rest of the tv channels.

0 Kudos
RichG
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, it is now saying my main browser (firefox) which I re-registered today as my second device (first being my tablet) is not recognisedd for non-sky sports channels.

This is frustrating as it was definitely firefox earlier. Do I really have to wait another month to even try to get firefox to be the second device across all channels ?

0 Kudos
RichG
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rang CS again (I rang them last month about this and got nowhere) and got a much more helpful person and it appears this issue is now fixed so feel free to ignore/delete as appropriate.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichG, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new member involved in the Community Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you were experiencing some issues with the Sky Sports and TV Anywhere app. It's lovely to see you've been keeping things up to date and have also managed to get things resolved before we even got a chance to look at your thread. 

As we are a Community based forum, it can take us a little while to get back to you so if the issue is urgent, calling is your best bet going forward. You can reach the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

If you have any further issues, remember we are here to help Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos