Menu
ScottsterUK
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can't sign in to Virgin TV Anywhere app...

So, as per the subject: I can't sign in the the Virgin TV Anywhere *app*. I can sign in to the Virgin TV Anywhere *website*, but the same credentials will not work on either the iOS or Android app. Each time, the same message: "Invalid username or password". They're not. And, as I said, the same credentials work just fine on the website version of TV Anywhere.

So... any clues?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't sign in to Virgin TV Anywhere app...

Hi ScottsterUK,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you're getting an error message when trying to sign in to TV Anywhere. 

Do you have an active TiVo® subscription?  If not, you will need one in order to use the app. If you have got one, have you made any changes to it in the last 24 hours? If so then it can take 24 hours for TV Anywhere to sync with the updates. During this time the Username Error message may appear. 

As you're able to log in to the website version of TV Anywhere, this rules out it being an account issue. 

Make sure you are typing the username and password into the app and not relying on Autofill as sometimes they can add an extra space or auto capitalise the first letter. Both of these would produce this error. 

Finally, what Make and Model device are you using? 

What OS is the device running?

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ScottsterUK
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,

Yes, I have an active Tivo subscription. I am a new customer -- I have had Virgin services for only a week, if it's in any way relevant.

However, I can log in via the website version of TV Anywhere and manage that box to set new recordings and so forth. So, my credentials are clearly working, and TV Anywhere knows about my box and my subscription.

Obviously I have checked my typiing *multiple* times (as in, many, many dozens of times now) on the app versions. I have also checked my capitalisation. I think at this juncture we can just accept that I am typing the credentials correctly, just as I do to successfully log in to the website version of TV Anywhere. I use an iPhone 6 with iOS 10, a Nexus 5 with Android 6 (Marshmallow) and I also have an older iPad 2 with an older version of iOS (9.x). On none of these can I log in via the respective apps. But if I fire up TV Anywhere in the web browser of one of these devices, then I can log in. I am not using autofill options anywhere, and my password is actually pretty easy to type.

Any more ideas?

ScottsterUK.

0 Kudos
staceybailey
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue, can sign in to everything apart from the anywhere app on my iPhone 7 and iPad. Been a customer 6 days.
0 Kudos
severnbore
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I  don't know if this helps.  You can only have TWO gizmos signed up for the ANYWHERE service.  In any ONE MONTH you can only change once.

So,  I have always used one particular laptop, when switched to FIREFOX from Window i.e. Browser, that counts as a life\change.  So on the same machine, I know have to wait a month to sign in on Windows i.e. Browser.

Exactly what captured information Virgin do, I've no idea, thought it was the lappy's mac address.  So if you keep signing multiple times on different machines\gizmos platforms, effectively you are locked out of  your account, only the originals will work.

You will need to phone Virgin & get your account reset.

You are allowed therefore ONLY TWO gizmos\accounts (pc, lappy, phone, tablet) and can only change ONCE a month between gizmos, or as I have found same gizmo & one change of browser - which I find extraordinary!

0 Kudos
staceybailey
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I'm not signed in to virgin anywhere on any devices , I'm new to virgin and I'm trying for the first time. I just get an error message saying my username and password are invalid even though I can use them to sign into virgin media to look at my bill. Been with virgin a week.
0 Kudos
Mekiz79
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same error also, both my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and my wifes phone Iphone 6 won't let us sign into the app. We have two tivo boxes, no devices are registered in account settings. I can log into the website using the correct username and password but the app says wrong password. We are new customers also.

0 Kudos
ScottsterUK
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Kath_F,

So... since I posted nothing has changed, and I still cannot log in to any app version of TV Anywhere, though I can still log in via any modern web browser.

It seems several more posters here have the same problem. We're all new customers, it seems, so I wonder if there might be some backend/server issue that's common to all of us?

Regards,

ScottsterUK.

0 Kudos
AnnTeak
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problem. I thought it was just me doing something wrong, but after many many many attempts and even changing my password I cannot log in at all. I get the same error that my username or password is incorrect and yet it is exactly the same as that which I use to access my account online.

I'm using a Samsung S6 and have not tried to access from any other device or have any other device registered.

I've been a customer for about 8 years but only got my tivo box 2 weeks ago.

This is rather frustrating...
0 Kudos
kelly_foster103
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having the same problem too, and got the same unhelpful message about checking my passwords!

I know my password is correct as I can sign into TV Anywhere on the PC!

0 Kudos