Menu
Geoffis74
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can't get full screen for sky sports on iMac

Hi,

I can't click the option bar within the picture when watching sky sports on an iMac. I therefore can't clic to make the picture full screen. 

Any ideas? 

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get full screen for sky sports on iMac

Hi Geoffis74,

Welcome to the Community Forum, it's always great to see a new face here. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't able to view TV Anywhere on full screen for Sky Sports on your iMac. Apologies, as well, for the delay in getting back to you.

First of all, how are you viewing Sky Sports--are you using the TV Anywhere website, or the Sky Sports website (signing in on the Virgin Media logo)? Do you have the same problem when streaming TV Anywhere channels or On Demand programmes? Does this happen on another device used with this? Also please let me know what Operating System you have on your iMac. 

Please have a look at our troubleshooting pages for TV Anywhere: Watching Sky Movies and Sky Sports on your computer and get back to me if you are still having problems viewing this full screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
bradley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have just discovered I have this problem as well - trying to watch on iMac OS x 11.4 latest version.

I can watch full screen Sky Movies but not Sky Sports - and certainly used to be able to watch Sky Sport full screen on iMac.

Please could you kindly help address issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi bradley, 

Thanks for coming to us at the Community here. We always like to welcome new faces Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you too are having this issue Smiley Sad

What browser are you using to watch Sky Sports with? 

When trying to watch via Full Screen, what error comes up? Are you able to add a screenshot to show us?

Try deleting the cache, cookies and history on the browser to see if this helps.

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bradley
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

I believe I have resolved issue by chance.

When hovering mouse pointer above the Sky menu bar on the screen just above the date, rather than at the bottom of the menu bar with the rectangle to indicate 'Full Screen' the words 'Full Screen' appears - click and the Full Screen mode is entered.

See aUntitled.jpgttached picture

macarcher
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This hasn't worked for me, we need a solution

0 Kudos
macarcher
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm watching via Safari on a Mac. There is no error showing just no response at all from the full screen/reduced screen symbol on SkySports. It indicates it is on full but is not.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi macarcher, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely seeing you getting involved with the Community Smiley Happy 

Apologies to hear you are also having this issue. Have you tried the solution posted by bradley? 

If you are still having an issue after this give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to take remote access to experience the issue first hand. We've not yet been able to replicate it you see. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Gkitchen
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I too have had this exact problem. Watching sky sports in safari through on my mac on the sky sports website. 

Has the problem been resolved? and what was the solution?

Many thanks

Gareth 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Apologies that you are also having an issue viewing the Sky streams full screen. Have you been having the same issue with TV Anywhere or is it only the Sky sites? 

The only fix we've found is that which Bradley posted about further up the thread. 

'When hovering mouse pointer above the Sky menu bar on the screen just above the date, rather than at the bottom of the menu bar with the rectangle to indicate 'Full Screen' the words 'Full Screen' appears - click and the Full Screen mode is entered.'

Give it a go and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos