Menu
Colbrit7
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't get TiVo box on home network

I'm trying to watch TV on an IPhone and iPad via the TV Anywhere app. Realised the box isn't on my home network as it's showing a 169. IP address under the Ethernet connections.

We have TiVo box a super hub and a Belkin wireless router that we had before we got our broadband upgraded and continued with. The superhub has the cable connection cable screwed on, and we have an Ethernet cable from the superhub to the wireless router in the front portion of the room.

I followed the instruction to connect the TiVo box with a new Ethernet cable to the superhub- is this correct as I have another wireless router ? Should this new Ethernet cable go from my TiVo box to the Belkin wireless router?
I've switched all the devices off and re-started weber urging and to no effect the app is still staying I don't have a TiVo book on the same network.
Thanks for any assurance .
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't get TiVo box on home network

Samantha_L wrote:

I can see that the Super Hub is currently in modem mode. If you do want to use the remote control function on the app, you will need to have the Ethernet cable plugged directly from the Super Hub to the TiVo® box.

If the Superhub is in modem mode then the TiVo will need to be connected to the Wireless router rather than the Superhub, as when modem mode is on all but one of the ethernet ports (the one that connects to the router) will be disabled.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colbrit7

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your unable to find the TiVo® box via the TV Anywhere app.

You will still be able to stream channels through the TV Anywhere app without the need of an Ethernet cable connected from router to the  TiVo® box. The use of the Ethernet cable is for the function of the remote control. 

I can see that the Super Hub is currently in modem mode. If you do want to use the remote control function on the app, you will need to have the Ethernet cable plugged directly from the Super Hub to the TiVo® box.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Samantha_L wrote:

If the Superhub is in modem mode then the TiVo will need to be connected to the Wireless router rather than the Superhub, as when modem mode is on all but one of the ethernet ports (the one that connects to the router) will be disabled.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colbrit7,

Just checking with you to see how you got on with getting the TV Anywhere app to work with your TiVo®. 

Tavis75 is correct, you can connect the Ethernet cable to your Belkin router so that the TiVo® is connected to the Home Network.

If this does not work, please try a sequenced reboot by switching all equipment off. Turn on the Super Hub first and wait for the Ready light to stop flashing, then power on the Belkin router and wait for this to connect and last of all then switch the TiVo® back on and retry.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos