Menu
worrallrob
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can't access my iPhone device on the go

Hi, I recently upgraded to iPhone 5, and now my device is not being recognised. I've edited the month and tried registering but the sky sports app is saying too many devices registered when I only have my iPhone and iPad registered. This is very frustrating, please help?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access my iPhone device on the go

if this is a new device it will need registering again and will count towards the chances. It can also happen if your iphone has just updated the IOS.

0 Kudos
worrallrob
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, so what do I need to do now to be able to sort the issue?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

you can call support they might be able to reset the count once. Or wait until next month and you will get 2 more device chances
0 Kudos
worrallrob
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, what is the number?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Call options:

from your Virgin Media phone or mobile
or
from any phone

Lines are open
8am - midnight, 7 days a week

*For call costs to our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles may vary.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi worrallrob

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you are unable to register the iPhone 5 to use the Sky Sports app.

When you log into your account on the right under My Profile you will see Device Settings and Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Device settings will show devices registered for TV Anywhere and Sky Movies & Sky Sports will show devices registered for Sky apps.

On your account I can see that you do have 1 available change left. You will need to remove one device from your account on Sky Movies & Sky Sports, then to register the iPhone 5 you will need to go into the Sky Sports app, start streaming a channel and this will hopefully prompt you to register.

Let me know if this works for you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
worrallrob
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, this is not working, it says I have no changes left and is not working when I go to the sky app? Can you reset?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi worrallrob

Thanks for getting back in touch. Sorry that it is still not working.

On your account it is still showing that you have 1 change available for Sky apps but 2 devices are already registered to use this. You will need to sign into your TV Anywhere account, under My Profile click on Sky Movies & Sky Sports, this will show the devices that are registered for Sky apps. If there is a device that you no longer user, then you can remove it. Once removed go onto the Sky Sports app on the device itself, stream a channel and that will prompt you to register the iPhone.

Try it again and see if it works

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
worrallrob
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi still not working. It is getting quite frustrating really..., what now?
0 Kudos