Menu
Bigginge
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can't access YouTube

When I set up TVanywhere on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy mini 4) a few weeks ago I could watch a YouTube video on my phone and view it on the TV. The last few days this has stopped working. I've reconnected the TV to the network, and restarted my phone, but I just get an error message 'There was a problem connecting to EF78' All other TVanywhere services work from my phone. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access YouTube

Hi Bigginge, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having getting the YouTube app to work with the TiVo®.

The first thing I would look at doing is checking to ensure there is an ethernet cable going from the TiVo® to the Superhub / router. 

Once this is done, reboot the TiVo® to see if that helps things. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bigginge
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, yes the Tivo is connected to the Superhub. As I said it all worked fine until about a week ago. I've rebooted the Tivo box, when I try to play a video the YouTube logo comes up after maybe 20 seconds, I originally got a red loading line go halfway but now I get a little 'T' shaped icon appear, then my phone says there's a problem, retry.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigginge, 

Thanks for confirming that for me Smiley Happy

I would try giving everything a sequence reboot to ensure everything is pairing up correctly. 

Start by turning your TiVo® and Superhub off at the mains. 

Switch the ethernet cable round by plugging in the end currently in the TiVo® in to the hub and vice versa. This makes sure there is a solid strong connection Smiley Happy

Turn the Superhub back on and leave the TiVo® off. Wait for the Ready/Tick like to be steady. 

Once this is up and running, turn the TiVo® back on and wait for this to be able to navigate round the menus.

Once this is done try again with the app. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Bigginge
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Before trying this I thought I'd give it one more try. While waiting for the YouTube video to come up a message appeared saying 'We are having issues with this app and are working to resolve the problem' then it asked if I wanted to continue, so I clicked OK. And the video came on. Curious.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm, that is a little strange. 

How have things been since? Are things working as they should be now?

Let me know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Bigginge
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We watched Bill & Ben and Andy Pandy last night with our granddaughter Smiley Happy It's working fine but my phone says there's an error, so I can't view it on there, and I still get the message on the TV saying there's an issue but Virgin are working to resolve it. I then get the option to Continue or Stop - I 'OK' Continue and it loads. So, yes, it's working but there's something not right. 

0 Kudos