Menu
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Can't access Sky Cinema via PC

From the VM On Demand service, I select a film, switch to Sky, enter VM logon, choose to watch the film, enter PIN, get the message to say that there is an error and that I should try refreshing the page. This has no effect. Logging off and on has no effect. This is the third day. As I can't get Sky Cinema HD films on Tivo (known fault which may be fixed by end of week!) this is a right pain.

Problem started on Sky with message that my device wasn't recognised - had been changed - which was the usual total lie but there you go. I deleted a device and tried again but got no prompt to register a new one, just the meaningless error message.

This non-service is getting very tiresome.

0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access Sky Cinema via PC

After a chat on the phone, found I'd deleted a registered device under the section on re-registering devices instead of the one dealing with Sky movies and sport. Have now gone to the correct menu but am now informed that I can't register a new device until next month. Why? I haven't registered a new device this month so why can't I register one?

What the devil's going on here?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cloddy,

Thank you for coming in and posting, I can see that this is a bit of a bother for you and would like to help. 

I was going to mention the above as to give you an idea to what to do next but re-registering should work. I have given you another allocation to change the device in the future.

Deleting and then adding a device, any device, triggers a change and you are only allowed 1 change per month.

If you do need any help with the services please let me know, I'm here to help.

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response, Ben.
Tried Sky Cinema and we're back to the original error. Gone to the VM Sky page to check my devices and I still have two devices allocated and can't add a new one for this month. Sigh.

Sky Cinema for HD movies is still out of action [err 319] on my Tivo [reported in the Tivo forum - over and over . . .].
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cloddy Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming back Smiley Happy

I see you've mentioned you already have two devices? This is the maximum device amount you can have per household for TV Anywhere. Are you looking to add a third?

As to the 319 error on the TiVo, this is a known issue that we are working towards and whilst I'm not able to more information, I can say that we are getting somewhere this. 

I have added one additional change to your account to make any final changes.

I hope this has helped.

Ben

0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

"I see you've mentioned you already have two devices? This is the maximum device amount you can have per household for TV Anywhere. Are you looking to add a third?"

No, I'm merely trying to use one of the two devices but this idiotic recognition system rigged up by VM and Sky keeps thinking I've changed devices when I haven't. It's possibly an update to Firefox which happens so often I think I'm bound to run out of devices every month.

I have deleted the device I want to use so am now down to one. I still can't allocate a new device until November.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cloddy,

Many thanks for you message back to me and clarifying what's been going on there in the home. 

I would like to help and if you can check your allocations, you should be able to make changes. 

Keep in touch.

Ben

0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

A fortnight later and into a new month and nothing has changed. All I get on the Sky Cinema is a message saying there is an error and that I should try refreshing the screen. There is no HD for films in On Demand on my Tivo box (known problem but still not fixed) and I can't get any Sky films on my PC either. This is ridiculous. SORT IT!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cloddy Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, I'm sorry this isn't resolved still. If you can you please have a look at the following this should identify whether this is a fault:-

• Check that only 2 devices are registered.
  • Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Check to see if you can sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams. Please bear in mind that Chrome isn't supported.
  • (Only for mobile devices), check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is currently unsupported.

If these methods do not resolve the issue, we'll need to recreate the issue over the phone on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second on for non Virgin Media lines.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi Cloddy Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, I'm sorry this isn't resolved still. If you can you please have a look at the following this should identify whether this is a fault:-

• Check that only 2 devices are registered.
    • There was only one registered with one one available to be registered. Now, without managing or even attempting to register a new one, it tells me I cannot register one till next month. Brilliant!
  • Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
    • Done that plus history. Several times. Did no good.
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
    • The app? What app? Firefox?
  • Check to see if you can sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams. Please bear in mind that Chrome isn't supported.
    • Done that after removing all devices. Picking a program to view triggered the register process for a new device. This process did NOT occur when previously selecting a film from the Virgin page. Was able to start watching programmes from BBC and Sky Living OK.
  • (Only for mobile devices), check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is currently unsupported.

If these methods do not resolve the issue, we'll need to recreate the issue over the phone on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second on for non Virgin Media lines.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

So that was interesting. Suggestion of problem registering devices for Sky.

0 Kudos