Menu
Niki1975
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Box sets

Please help before I frisbee my iPad. I'm new to Virgin...when I signed up they sold me on the tv anywhere app (comparing to Sky Go). Was told I could watch box sets on it. Staff in local store also confirmed. 12 days into contract I can't work it out. Reading up on it, the app says I can't view box sets on an iPad BUT I received email from Virgin that said
'
An immense library of Box Sets that's made for night owls.
Early night? No chance – there are too many brilliant Box Sets waiting for you, ready to watch on your TV or mobile device. From brand new series to favourite old classics, and everything in between - go on, one more episode won't hurt.'
So-how do I watch on my mobile device (iPad or iPhone or kindle fire). Even customer services unsure of definitive answer and I'm ready to use my 14 day cooling off period.
Please help me 😊
0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box sets

I'm in the same boat so will be watching this thread closely for answers.  

By browsing I can see the box sets that are available On Demand and via Netflix but the only option to tomwatch them on TV rather than stream them to the iPad.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unless something has changed, the box sets (On Demand) is only available via the browser version of TV Anywhere.

This means that the only 'mobile' device you can watch Boxsets on is.......

... a laptop.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you give a link to where it says the Boxsets are available on a mobile?

This makes no mention:

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=4302&CURRENT_C...

0 Kudos
Niki1975
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can't give a link I'm afraid-that was an email they sent which I copied and pasted part of. I can copy the whole thing-I don't know if I can post a screen shot on here.
Thank you 😊
0 Kudos
Niki1975
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

An immense library of Box Sets that's made for night owls.
Early night? No chance – there are too many brilliant Box Sets waiting for you, ready to watch on your TV or mobile device. From brand new series to favourite old classics, and everything in between - go on, one more episode won't hurt.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Niki1975 wrote:
I can't give a link I'm afraid-that was an email they sent which I copied and pasted part of. I can copy the whole thing-I don't know if I can post a screen shot on here.
Thank you 😊

Yes, please post a screenshot.

I'm concerned that the email is either misleading or wrong.

0 Kudos
Niki1975
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can't post a screen shot...the best I managed was to copy and paste. Reading it I think it is both misleading and wrong.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

in the help section 'On a computer you can also watch On Demand content' in other words laptop/desktop only.

0 Kudos