Menu
bernardharte
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Box Not Responding and lost connection

iOS 10.1.1 + TV Anywhere v4.0(949499)

I only want to use the app as a remote (not to stream to).  I've tried deleting, restarting the iPhone, reinstalling, signing-in again, but I am continually told there's a lost connection or the box is not responding.  I have even tried to assist discovery of the TiVo by reserving an IP Address so the app doesn't have to find it each time, but this makes no difference.

This version of the app is definitely a step backwards for me.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box Not Responding & lost connection

Hi bernardharte,

Depending on the way you connected things up will depend on whether or not it will work. The first thing to try is a complete reboot of the whole system to ensure the 'handshakes' are being made between each device. 

> Firstly turn the Hub and the TiVo® off by the mains and leave off for around 5 minutes. 

> Double check the ethernet cable to ensure it's secure at both ends.

> Turn on the Superhub and allow time for it to be completely online. 

> Next power up the TiVo® and wait until you can navigate between menus without any hesitations.

This should allow the connection to be restored and the remote feature should start working again. 

Let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bernardharte
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I turned off the TiVo overnight and rebooted the router and after restarting the VM app can't connect to it at all.

Curiously, a third-party app has no problem finding (and controlling) the device, so my suspicion is back with your app having issues.

That said, the TiVo is reporting a C130 error today and your technicians are unable to connect to it remotely.

As there have also been lots of issues with recording playback recently (stuttering and freezing), I suspect this unit is at the end of its life!

I've seen mention here of hard drive checks. Is this something that you are able to try please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello bernardharte,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information.

I have located your account and I can see a technician has already been booked so please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems.

Kind regards 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos