Menu
Di5001
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Best power line adaptor?

I am trying to set up virgin anywhere tv on my TiVo box which is in a different room to the super hub so want a good powerline adaptor . Can anyone recommend one suitable to use (have superhub and 200 mbps) Thank you very much   

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Best power line adaptor?

When you get the 'not connected to the home network' message, you are trying to do something that the app can't do.

Most likely, trying to watch a recording from My Shows or trying to watch a channel that can't be streamed (no wifi symbol).

You get the (misleading) message because the app is trying to start the recording or start the channel in the TV connected to the TiVo and it can't do this (act as the TiVo remote) unless you have the connection between your TiVo and Superhub in place.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you understand that the vast majority of the TV Anywhere app function does not require you to make that connection?

The ONLY additional function which comes with the connection is to use the app as a replacement for your physical TiVo remote.

You can stream channels and manage your TiVo resources WITHOUT putting the connection in place?

0 Kudos
Di5001
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I'm afraid I have very little understanding of the tv anywhere app. When I try to use it on my iPad (on wifi ) it says the TiVo box is not connected to the home network. I looked up a virgin help video which looked like I just need to plug a powerline into the Ethernet socket on the superhub and wall socket. Then plug a second powerline into the Ethernet port on the TiVo box and into wall socket which is in another room . There is no Ethernet cable from the superhub to the TiVo at the moment . Thanks for any advice
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you get the 'not connected to the home network' message, you are trying to do something that the app can't do.

Most likely, trying to watch a recording from My Shows or trying to watch a channel that can't be streamed (no wifi symbol).

You get the (misleading) message because the app is trying to start the recording or start the channel in the TV connected to the TiVo and it can't do this (act as the TiVo remote) unless you have the connection between your TiVo and Superhub in place.

0 Kudos
Di5001
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.
0 Kudos