Menu
paulbatman
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BT Sports not working on Android.

i have tried on my laptop via wifi in my work accomodation and the screen stays black (i use chrome and it said this isn't good enough so i tried it via Internet Explorer too)

I then downloaded the app on my phone and tried via mobile network (Three)
no joy, i then switched on my WiFi on my phone (HTC One m8) and connected to the works accommodation WiFi (TalkTalk) still no joy.

I've tried Uninstall and Reinstalling...

when i try on WiFi the only option that pops up is "watch on TV"

when i try on mobile internet it says "Watch on phone" when i click that it says "This channel is not available for streaming on this network type. Check out our FAQs to see which channels are available for streaming."

now the channel is highlighted and the channels i don't have on my package are not highlighted, and ive watched bt sports on my virgin box so i know i have it **bleep**!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
paulbatman
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sports not working on Android.

This has already made me miss last nights UFC and it's going to make me miss the fight ive been waiting all year for!!! Conor McGregor v's Jose Aldo!!

0 Kudos
paulbatman
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE**

no channels will work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulbatman, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have been having trying to use TV Anywhere. 

Streaming is not available via 3G / 4G connections so you need to make sure you are sticking with the Wifi connection. 

In order to make sure it's not the connection you are connecting to, do you have another wifi network available such as a Home network? Do you get the same issue when using this network?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jacko1612
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not working on iOS either.

With today's current mobile data being expanded to large volumes (I have 10gb in my 4G package) you would think Virgin would extend their service from 'TV Anywhere there's WIFI that will let you use it' to true TV Anywhere.

My service provider and other media apps like iPlayer and ITV warn you that using their service via mobile streaming uses data and it's at the risk of the user. Virgins service doesn't even give you that option.

Surely that's false advertising as it's not a true mobile 'TV Anywhere' service.

I was a Sky customer for 15 years and their app is significantly better with a true on the go TV app.

I'm currently in hospital where using their wifi is £3.00 for 4 hours. Why should I pay for something I should be able to use at my own 'risk' via 4G?

Get a grip Virgin. We are the customer and should be able to choose whether it's on wifi or 4G!
0 Kudos