Menu
smiggyg
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport on other devices

Sky Sports app plays perfectly well on both my iphone and ipad. Can I access BT Sport on the go too ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT Sport on other devices

No, you can connect to any wifi but please be sure you are choosing the SD version of the BT Sports channels - those with the wifi symbol.

Channels 531-534.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, via the TV Anywhere app.

0 Kudos
smiggyg
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie, however, having installed the app it wants the TiVo box connected to the same home network device as my phone (in this case). Doesn't this defeat the purpose of 'on the go' ?  My TiVo box is currently 120 miles away!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No, you can connect to any wifi but please be sure you are choosing the SD version of the BT Sports channels - those with the wifi symbol.

Channels 531-534.

0 Kudos
StephenAllan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I cannot use the Virgin TV Anywhere App as it has not been made available for Windows devices which is pretty poor.  I would love to watch BT Sport on the go but cannot download the TV Anywhere App as I have a Windows Phone.  The BT Sport app is available for Windows phones so if Virgin allowed their customers account details to be used with that then Windows device holders could watch BT Sport or better still make the Virgin TV Anywhere App available for Windows Devices which should not be a problem as it was no problem in making it available for Android and IOS Drevices.

0 Kudos
smiggyg
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie, that's where I was going wrong.

All good now.

0 Kudos
smiggyg
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That does seem a bit **bleep**, Stephen.

It's also slightly annoying that you have to switch apps depending upon which channel you want to watch; if I want to watch Sky Sport then I must use the Sky app. It would be a more efficient process if the TV Anywhere app allowed you to access every channel that you pay Virgin to supply !
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The requirement to use the Sky apps is part of the commercial agreement Virgin Media currently have with Sky. The alternative would have been the previous commercial situation where there was no access to the Sky Cinema and Sport channels on a computer or mobile device at all as part of your subscription.

However it may not always be the case that separate apps will be needed - for instance you can now watch the BBC channels live directly in TV Anywhere. Up till recently you had to use the iPlayer apps. However any change will be as much down to Sky as it is Virgin Media.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own