Menu
BRISTOL86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Awful picture quality on BT Sport

Why is the picture such bad quality on BT Sport using TV anywhere? Even on small screens like iPads, the picture is fairly pixelated and really poor quality when compared with Sky Go.

Is this just me?
nickh
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful picture quality on BT Sport

I've been watching Bournemouth vs Southampton using TV Anywhere and the picture quality is no worse than the normal TV Anywhere stream and mine isn't pixelated.

Quality is about the same as watching Sky Sports using their iPad app.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No it's not just you, but it's not a recent development either.  It's always been terrible, to the point where you can often miss where the ball is completely.  The same applies to all TV Anywhere streaming channels.

Sky Go on the other hand, serves up HD streams which look better than my TiVo does on the big screen.

I have written to BT Sport about this (and the fact that the whole TV Anywhere platform falls over to some degree or other every time they have a match on) & am awaiting their reply.

BRISTOL86
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm strange. Mine is pretty naff and noticeably worse than watching Sky Sports on Sky Go.
0 Kudos
BRISTOL86
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I only use TV anywhere for football so haven't actually watched non BT Sport channels, but the quality of it is woeful compared to Sky Sports on the sky Go app.

My bill goes up and up and up and what's it paying for? Not service quality apparently! Because half the time the whole thing seems to just collapse when prem football is on anyhow(!)
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You only have to look at how the image of the centre-circle is rendered in TV Anywhere & compare it to Sky Go.

One looks like a circle, the other one looks like it was rendered on a ZX Spectrum.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

(I should say that I'm only ever using it on a 13" or 15" screen, and always in browser, not app)

0 Kudos
BRISTOL86
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm using it in the app but yeah everything just looks poor. Can hardly make out shirt numbers in the wide shots, pixelation all round the score graphic and BT sport logo.

Having said that, the alternative is Robbie Savage in HD, so I guess you win some and lose some...
Peter44Y
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It would useful if you get a reply, that you post their response 

0 Kudos
Peter44Y
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

For a company that can supply such fast broadband speeds, why can't they do something about the horrendously poor pixel quality on tv anywhere. Is it something to do with saving money?