Menu
nijmegen92
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Asking for device registration but already registered

Happily watching BT sport on my IPad Air last night when buffering issues started. I waited and the tried again, this time I kept getting the message 'Streaming Error A:3328'. Read through the community and tried it all. So I have;
signed out and in again, deleted and reinstalled the app, reset both my Superhub router and TiVo box. Nothing worked. This morning, I have tried again and now I receive the message 'This device must be registered' So, I have checked on both my laptop and my phone, Which is my other device and works fine, and according to them, my iPad Air is registered. The final thing would be to delete and reregister the device, however I can't do this until the 1 May as I have only just registered my phone. My IOS is up to date, so can only assume this is a technical issue that Virgin needs to address. Anybody with the same problem and any possible solutions? Thanks. 

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Asking for device registration but already registered

Hi nijmegen92,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

Apologies, the change I added didn't seem to go through for some reason. 

I have added the change again and double checked things and it should now be showing for you to re-add the device. 

Give it another try and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nijmegen92,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your device is asking you to re-register.

Since the last time this was working for you, have you updated anything such as the OS or the app? If so this can require you to re-register the device. 

I have added a device change for you to be able to re-register the iPad. If you log in to the app as normal and try to stream Channel 4, it will prompt you to register. Follow the prompts and streaming will commence Smiley Happy

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
nijmegen92
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kath

Thank you for your reply. In answer to your question, I didn't make any changes between the problems streaming when I was watching fine, and the next day when I was being asked to register the device. I have just tried your suggestion, and first deleted the iPad. However, when I tied to re-register it, I received the message, "Sorry, you don't have any changes to register this device. Thanks.image.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi nijmegen92,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

Apologies, the change I added didn't seem to go through for some reason. 

I have added the change again and double checked things and it should now be showing for you to re-add the device. 

Give it another try and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

nijmegen92
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Yes, all up and running again now. Thank you for your help. 👍

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nijmegen92,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos