Menu
xrfscps21
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Anywhere tv on one plus 3

So, one plus is now a major player in the smart phone market. They are even offering contracts with o2 for the first time.

I have down loaded the so called anywhere tv app to only find out it doesn't work on my smart phone, you get the unauthorized modifications message. This is very disappointing that I'm unable to use the app. I was with sky before and had no problems running their app. When is this problem going to be fixed, Its unacceptable.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anywhere tv on one plus 3

Hi xrfscps21,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that TV Anywhere isn't working on your One plus device. 

We've found that the One Plus devices work off an altered version of the Android Software. This is why it throws up the unauthorised device message. Currently TV Anywhere only works on devices working off unaltered versions. 

Apologies for any inconveniences. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pengedragon
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

it won't be fixed, they don't like oneplus phones sadly

xrfscps21
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've moved back to sky. Virgin just don't cut the mustard. Anywhere TV doesn't work, sub standard tv menus with the response time of a smail. Limited on demand choose and in some cases it takes you to Netflix which is at additional cost. The board and is good.
Tom_Watson
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It seems like the new TV Anywhere app can be used on a OnePlus 2. I'll guess it'll be ok with the OnePlus 3 as well.
0 Kudos
oddgiraffe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did you get it to work on the Oneplus 3? It won't on mine. I keep getting "Technical error" when I try to register.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi oddgiraffe,

What's the full error message you're getting on screen?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
oddgiraffe
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

When I try to register my phone from the settings menu I get 'technical error, we are unable to access device registration at the moment, please try again later'.
Except it doesn't matter how much later you try, always the same result.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My oneplus 3 works fine and is registered

0 Kudos
oddgiraffe
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Did you have any problems registering? or did it all just work first time?

One thing that might be a bit different about this is that for various reasons too boring to go into here I don't have a Tivo box even though I am paid up for Virgin TV. Hence the desire to watch it  live streaming on my phone, I'm not worried about catchup. I am being told by Virgin support elsewhere that to watch streaming tv to your phone you do NOT need a Tivo box, but then again, do you need it to register? In which case, perhaps Virgin support staff could just register my phone for me?

0 Kudos