Menu
nightus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Anywhere TV Listings missing many channels

Last resort on this board, wasted 30+ minutes on 2 call centre calls, bounced round 3 departments. Finally get a guy who might understand, puts me on hold, and after 2 minutes I get put back on original queue, and nobody responds after 10 minutes.

Anywhere TV listings ( http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tv-listings/ )showing "To Be Announced" for many terrestrial channels, BBC 1,2,4, HD, ITV1,2,3,HD, all 3 of them+1, and many more including all the channel 4 and 5 variants, e.g. More4, right up to channel 203 47HD.

This all Saturday 12/8/17 evening.

Update, looking ahead to set advance sky cinema premiere HD recordings for the next fortnight, I find that it just shows "Movie" for 22/8 0725 onwards, and "Channel Off Air" for ALL channels from 23/8 onwards so it looks like Virgin TV is shutting down for good from then.  Time to cancel your subscriptions guys!  Too late to give a month's notice.

Sland
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anywhere TV Listings missing many channels

The TV Listing web page is shockingly poor.  Regular mistakes, the time goes out by an hour twice a year when the clocks change, you frequently get "unexpected error" when trying to get show information, the listings for the Scottish region frequently end up being for tyhe London region.  Whoever looks after it should be ashamed of themselves.

nightus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You are quite right about the time shift problem twice a year that doesn't get corrected until a human gets in working weekday hours.

Channel5+1 is often out by many hours, can't understand why they pick on that channel.

You often cannot set advance Tivo recordings on FTA terrestrial channels like ITV1 HD or ITV1, it says you aren't subscribed.  Even if you follow VM support advice to reset the Tivo box.

And the one reason that I really liked this service was that on a widescreen monitor you can see more info about the program title than on the TV screen, but most importantly, it only used to show you the channels you were subscribed to, so it was so much faster to navigate than using a VM box, now it even shows you FTA HD channels you can't get on my VM subscription.

Sland
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same rubbish again tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
nightus
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Surely you didn't expect it to get fixed over the weekend?

Hopefully, if anyone is paying attention, it will be fixed tomorrow, I'm an optimist.

Well, I am tonight.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nightus,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with TV Anywhere.

How has it been since posting? Has the guide updated?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nightus
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The original fault reported in the first post finally appeared on the service status page during the following Monday. I signed up to notifications by both email and SMS on fault progress but I have never received any update on the fault status since, even though it was resolved by the Monday evening.

Why was this?

All the other points raised in further thread posts remain valid.

And it is a pigs ear tonight.  Clicking on any programme, any channel gives "an error has occurred".  So you can see the programme title in the listing. but not your synopsis or the option to record it, so a total waste of time.

This service needs a thorough bug-bash.

0 Kudos
Sland
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

nightus wrote:

And it is a pigs ear tonight.  Clicking on any programme, any channel gives "an error has occurred".  So you can see the programme title in the listing. but not your synopsis or the option to record it, so a total waste of time.

This service needs a thorough bug-bash.

...and nearly every channel reports that it is off air!

0 Kudos
nightus
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sland wrote:

...and nearly every channel reports that it is off air!

It didn't earlier when I started today's post, but it does now. It just gets worse. 

0 Kudos