Menu
kirktaz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Anywhere App streaming setup

Hi all

I'm new to Virgin and trying to setup my iPad to stream TV when outside of my house. I've registered the device but when I go to set up the app will not allow me to select stream out of house or accept t&cs. Any ideas much appreciated.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anywhere App streaming setup

First thing to check is are you connected via WiFi? TV Anywhere streaming does not work via mobile data.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi kirktaz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with streaming from your iPad when outside of your house. As it's not allowing you to accept the terms and conditions, it shouldn't work inside the house either. 

As mentioned by Graham_A, make sure you are connected to a wifi network. Also double check to ensure you are streaming a channel that can be streamed (give Channel 4 a try). 

Is it showing you the terms and conditions option or is it not even coming up? 

Have you made any changes to the default font or size of the text on the device? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mr_vpw
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any idea *why* I can't use my mobile data for it - I mean I have 100GB a month available so it's hardly a problem for me - why the hell can't I decide whether to use it or not.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

kirktaz wrote:
Hi all

I'm new to Virgin and trying to setup my iPad to stream TV when outside of my house. I've registered the device but when I go to set up the app will not allow me to select stream out of house or accept t&cs. Any ideas much appreciated.

Thank you

The Out of Home recording streaming option and the TiVo terms boxes shouldn't appear, as they're not part of the offered services. The only one that will work is the in home recording streaming, so just select that and the setup should complete.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

CORRECTION: It's only the out of home box that shouldn't appear. The terms box should be ticked.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos