Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (103 Views)

Anytime wont work

I signed up to Anytime last week and still cannot get it to work. Using it from home WiFi, if I want to watch a programme thats on now, it gives me the option to 'Watch on Tv' , but the 'Watch on Phone' is not highlighted. 

The 'Watch on Phone' was highlighted at one point last week, but when I clicked on it it gave me an error message (Sorry, cant remember what the error code was). I have two boxes and its always asking me which box I want to stream with??? 

I was with SKY before now and it was so straight forward compared to this. Also, can I use mobile data to stream, as this was very handy with SKY for watching tv on those cold evenings at my boy's football training sessions. 

Any help to get this App up and running would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5 (75 Views)

Re: Anytime wont work

Hi jdoocey, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with TV Anywhere. 

In order to help I will need some more information from you. Can you let me know the following please:

What is the make and model of the device you are using?

What channel were you trying to stream?

How are things since you posted? Do you get the same error message? If so can you post it here?

Currently streaming on the TV Anywhere app only works when connected to a UK Wifi Network. 

Come back and let us know so we can help get this working for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (71 Views)

Hi

It works sometimes and not at others. I get Error Code E=39 V=-1.

I always have to sign in twice as it says there has been an error on the first try. 

Also, why do I have to have the iplayer app to watch BBC channels? And the Sky Sports App to watch Sky Sports channels etc?

Why do I have to  constantly chose what box I want to use for streaming? 

I haven't tried it using another WiFi network yet. But can I not use my own mobile data for when I'm out and about without WiFi?

This is not a straight forward app. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (70 Views)

My Phone is Sony Xperia Z Plus
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (61 Views)

Thanks for coming back to us about this jdoocey,

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced.

BBC and Sky own their content and therefore allow us to stream with use of their own applications.

Our TV Anywhere application currently only works when using a WiFi connection.

In regards to the faults experienced, I've had a look at everything from this end and there does appear to be an intermittent issue present for this at the moment. Our team are working to get this resolved ASAP.

In addition to this, there does appear to be some power level issues present via the broadband equipment.

I'd like to arrange for one of our engineers to come out and investigate this for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos