Menu
handerto54
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Android version 6 Unauthorized Modifications Detected error

When will the following issue be fixed?

NOTE: Android devices with version 6.0 or later may receive the error message ‘Unauthorised Modifications Detected’ which will prevent the app from opening. We’re working on bringing the app to these devices as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android version 6 Unauthorized Modifications Detected error

Virgin say they hope to resolve this after almost 8 months of Android version 6 as the issue is directly related the virgins lack os of support for version 6 and 7. I expect that the soon to be released TiVo box will resolve this for free in the case of new customers and at a cost for existing customers
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Handerto54 Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, I hope you have had a good week so far, the weekend is nearly here Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about the app. Whenever there are issue it's best to carry out some of the following practices:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Can you sign into anywhere.virginmedia.com?
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Try to log in online from a PC to see if it streams.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

handerto54
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

That's my problem I have a new Samsung Tab A running Android 6.0.1. and I am therefore unable to watch TV and my Sky Cinema package etc on this device.

I was very disappointed to find that Virginmedia, obviously, do not keep up to date with the latest OS releases. Marshmallow was officially released in October 2015 and was initially unveiled in May 2015. Android 6.0.1 patch was released in December 2015. 

Looking at Sky Q now?

regards

Howard

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Howard, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been unable to watch your favourite programmes whilst this is something we are looking to resolve. 

We have a new update that we are working on and this should resolve the issue you are seeing. 

It's worth noting that as long as you are using the Sky Cinema app to watch Sky Cinema content, the app should work. It's only TV Anywhere this issue is currently affecting. 

If you haven't already, download the Sky Cinema app, select the VM Logo on sign in and log in using your Primary My Virgin Media details Smiley Happy

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi handerto54, 

We've released an update today for Android devices. 

Can you go in to the Playstore, search Virgin TV Anywhere and select the option to update. 

Come back and let us know how things go Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos