Menu
adamcathersides
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Android M

Any news on whether the TV Anywhere app will work with Android 6, as the last comment 3 months ago advised that it was being worked on! Past experience suggests not, with a wait of many months!!!!

0 Kudos
dpjohnston
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android M

Both BBC iPlayer and Netflix apps have been updated in last couple of days to add compatibility with M which is expected to start being rolled out on Monday. This is what I would expect from app makers who want to offer good customer service.  BBC used to be slow to update in past so good to see they are taking Android users seriously now.

A quick check on Sky forums and it appears that Sky Go is expected to work okay with M.

It therefore looks like if there is the normal delay of several months for Tv 'Anywhere' compatibility then Virgin really will be bottom of the list for Android users customer service.

adamcathersides wrote:

Any news on whether the TV Anywhere app will work with Android 6, as the last comment 3 months ago advised that it was being worked on! Past experience suggests not, with a wait of many months!!!!

0 Kudos
dpjohnston
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have now done a clean install of Android M on Nexus 9 and it allowed me to install Tv Anywhere and it works fine including streaming. For the first time ever it looks like it has continued to work with new android version.

0 Kudos
westropes
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Works fine on the nexus 5 too

0 Kudos
davorg
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But it's marked as incompatible with the new Nexus 5X.

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi davorg, 

Thanks for posting here. 

I've already replied to your thread here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Here-We-Go-Again/m-p/2956494#M26215

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos