Menu
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 1 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Android Lollipop Support

Hi,

Both my phone (Nexus 5) and my tablet (Nexus 7) have been updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop and can no longer use the TV Anywhere app. 

When will the app be updated?

666djb
Joining in
Message 2 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android Lollipop Support

Argghh! First day with VM and I find, like you, that TV Anywhere doesn't work on the (now) current version of Android (Lollipop). 

0 Kudos
amjane
Settling in
Message 3 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Me too. Even though channels were very limited I used the app regularly. Really annoyed that I can't since upgrade to lollipop. Please hurry and get support set up for this.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 125
Flag for a moderator

I wrongly thought I was ok after my Nexus 5 update to Lollipop on Monday evening.
I used it on Tuesday to set a recording and though my app is ok.
Then I try to use it to stream a channel that I know can stream and all it does is go around in a loop and looks like it logs back on and takes you back to the guide page.

Come on Virgin this is just not acceptable.
I have other apps on my phone from little companies and they have already updated their apps not some multi million communications company!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android Lollipop Support virg.in/rrcAn

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts. 

I'm sorry to hear you have lost the use of streaming on the app. 

At present our app is not compatible with the new Android update just yet. You can read more about that here: virg.in/rrcAn

It will work once we have our next Android update for TV Anywhere. We're expecting this in the near future but haven't been made aware of any specific dates yet. Once we do, we'll let you know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Lollipop sounds fun 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30116319

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Of course you would post the TV Anywhere announcement in the announcements section and not in the TV Anywhere forum!

It should be posted in both at the very least.

EDIT: I have just tried to follow the path of where this announcement is

According to the link above it is Help & Support Forum > Welcome & Announcements > Announcements > Android 5.x Lollipop & TV Anywhere.

I don't know about anyone else but if I follow that trail to Welcome & Announcements and I only get News and Getting Started as options and no sign of that announcement anywhere?!?!?!?

PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 8 of 125
Flag for a moderator

The announcement is alsoinaccurate.

There are more phones than just the "latest" Nexus devices that have updated. eg my phone and tablet are NOT the latest Nexus devices.

Those would be the Nexus 6 & Nexus 9 and I have the Nexus 5 & Nexus 7, both of which are over a year old. Google are pushing this update to a lot of models including older ones

I know the app is not compatible, it tells you this when you try to install it, hence the reason for my post asking when it will be updated in the first place!

0 Kudos
PaulG1970
Up to speed
Message 9 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Yeah that "explanation" post is ONLY available from the link posted and no where else. How is anyone supposed to see it?

0 Kudos
Foxie68
Settling in
Message 10 of 125
Flag for a moderator

I've just posted about this too. Wonder if Sky have updated their apps?

Too annoying for words, once again poor customer service from Virgin Media

0 Kudos