Menu
Joniboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Android 7 update please!

any news on when we will get a working app? Can do most things on the app except actually watch tv. 

Things like supporting OS system upgrades shouldn't take so long

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android 7 update please!

Hi Joniboy, 

Just a little tip - maybe you should try updating the TV Anywhere app on your device now Smiley Wink 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Joniboy
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath

update seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks

i do still have a problem watching sky sports channels - it sends me away to the sky sports app (as expected) but it crashes in the same way the TV anywhere app did. Sky claim it's a virgin thing. Do you know anything about this and whether it will be fixed?

thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Joniboy wrote:

Hi kath

update seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks

i do still have a problem watching sky sports channels - it sends me away to the sky sports app (as expected) but it crashes in the same way the TV anywhere app did. Sky claim it's a virgin thing. Do you know anything about this and whether it will be fixed?

thanks

Does it also crash if you go to Watch SkySports direct in the Sky sports app rather than via the TV anywhere app?

Joniboy
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it crashes regardless of whether I click through the channel on virgin or go directly to the sky sports app.

i sent feedback to their tech team and they said it was because I am a virginmedia customer and that their apps are fully tested and working fine. Not sure if they are just fobbing me of.

thanks for your response

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports app crashing

Joniboy wrote:

Hi, it crashes regardless of whether I click through the channel on virgin or go directly to the sky sports app.

i sent feedback to their tech team and they said it was because I am a virginmedia customer and that their apps are fully tested and working fine. Not sure if they are just fobbing me of.

thanks for your response

I did have a problem a while ago when the sky sports app was crashing for me after previously working.  I completely deleted it from my device, clearing all the cached data.  Restarted the device then reinstalled the sky sports app from the play store. Haven't had any problems with it since.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joniboy, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I've passed this over to the team and they have been able to replicate the fault so it's now been raised as a known issue. We are working to get this resolved asap for you and once I have any updates I shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Joniboy
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks kath

0 Kudos