Menu
MickySpin
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Android 7 support

Since updating to Android 7 I am unable to stream, the app just crashes. When will the app be updated with 7 support?

mrdjamk2
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Android 7 support

Hahaha, how long is a piece of string. Samsung S7 users have been waiting since the phone was released back in March for Virgin to sort out the issues regarding TV Anywhere and we've been fobbed off with generic "no real information" answers every time someone asks a question. So I really wouldn't try holding your breath for them to get to it any time soon
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MickySpin, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue using TV Anywhere with Android 7. 

I'll be honest with you, I've had no information regarding Android 7 so not sure where we stand on things with this at the moment. 

I have popped an email over to the development team to find out what is what. 

Once I have a reply I will be in touch to let you know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KevCB
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I cant understand why the Virgin Dev team are soo far behind all other Devs! The S7 has now been out for 6 months - Sky Devs managed it very quickly!

Virgin Mobile themselves sell the S7 but Virgin Media cant support it?

This is the same as when the TV Anywhere App (why is it called that - surely false advertising. Shouldnt it be called TV Anywhere Provided there is WiFi). Android users (more Andoid users than Apple) had to wait for the App to launch for months!

Isnt this a breach of contract? Tivo is sold as having the TV Anywhere App included.

Be really interesting if Virgin (or their Devs) actually replied with more than the usual "fob off" that we've come to expect!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi KevCB, 

It's not the phone itself that is unsupported. It's the OS. Android have changed something within the OS and the TV Anywhere app doesn't recognise this. 

We are making improvements to the app so will be rolling out an update but currently TV Anywhere won't work for any devices launched on 6.0.1. 

If the device was launched on a previous OS but has since updated then TV Anywhere will work. 

As for TV Anywhere being a breach of contract, this isn't the case. TV Anywhere is included provided you have a compatible device. Any devices launched on 6.0.1 are not compatible. You are still free to use TV Anywhere on a PC / Laptop or on another device. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kambojambo
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kath_F

Do you have an answer from the dev team for the update for Android Nougat (Android 7) yet?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I find your post hilarious, they have still not got support for Marshmellow, and you are asking ( quite rightly) for Nougat support, I not put my money on it arriving this year tbo 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi kambojambo,

Currently there is no further news on a TV Anywhere update for devices launched with Android 6.0.1 or higher.

As soon as we have verification that TV Anywhere has been updated on this, we will our customers know.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
rory
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have a nexus 9. TV anywhere worked perfectly well until android 7 so this does not fit with what you are saying. It just hangs when I try to log in. This is particularly annoying when the upgrade of the app made it so good and the TiVo interface is still like watching paint dry

Rory

0 Kudos