Menu
Judas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

'An error occured'

I click a channel, any channel, then I click play, a few seconds later I get 'an error occured.'  I'd like to point out I know it's actually spelt occurred, apparently Virgin don't *shakes head*.  A quick response would be much appreciated as I have no TV.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
hamsternoir
Joining in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'An error occured'

I will watch this with interest as I'm also getting exactly the same badly spelt issue.

I have the latest browser, up to date flash player and it has been fine until today. Rebooting all the hardware makes no difference.

It would also be nice to provide slightly more details of what occured (sic)

0 Kudos
GrizzUK
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting exactly the same issue, with no error number. I have also tried re-booting everything.

I view TV Anywhere normally using Firefox as it doesn't seem to work on Chrome or Microsoft Edge (Windows 10) and when I started Firefox it installed some updates, I don't know what they were and also if there is an alternative browser that I can use.

0 Kudos
GrizzUK
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've also tried to delete the device in My Profile but I get the same error there when it tries to detect the device (PC). The error for both instances shown below:

Virgin 1.PNGVirgin 2.PNG

0 Kudos
Judas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Can I at least get a reply here?? I have already missed the Everton game today and now stand to miss UFC tonight, the ONLY reasons I pay for the sport channels.  Come on Virgin, I was even willing to forgive occured(sic)gate if I'd got a speedy resolution.  Or Help.  Or some kind of reply at all....

cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

ok - I have a revised diagnosis, for what it's worth.

I could not get the BT sport game yesterday, though as usual the app was fine an hour after the game had ended.

During the game was getting the device not registered, click to register - oops something happened sequence, and my previous fix of exit app , force stop, restart was not working.

I reckon that when you tap stream this to tablet the app has to get permission from the licence server to proceed. VM have a flaky, easily overloaded licence server so that app times out on querying registration status and decides that means device not registered. When you then tap to register, it tries to contact the licence / registration server again - but fails because that is overloaded or down, and you get oops...

PC probably works the same way. I no longer have a PC as one of my 2 devices so I cannot check that.

I rec=-checked google play storte, THe app has not been updates since May - tha'ts crap given the amount of grief it is causeing people/ just adding some meaningful error codes to that oops screen could enable better feedback from customers and thus a quicker fix.

the android app is fine at first while you log in, choose a channel, tap watch now and get to choose watch on tablet or watch on TV. It fails after tapping watch on tablet for the above reasons. When it is in fail mode, all channels fail, so i'ts not a BT sport specific issue. I tried BBC, ITV...

all VM need ot dois beef up that server, but thay have known that for monhts. I guess they do not want to spend the money ?

0 Kudos
barfart
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Had this error yesterday (Sat 17 Sept), then it started working. Today, back to the same thing....

An error occurred - yes, I'm beginning to thing the error was on my part in signing up to VM.

sjlbarber
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Same problem.

Everyday a different issue with VM.

I'm starting to question whether it's all worth it. So much hassle just to watch TV Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
elekchode
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same issue, sort it out virgin.

0 Kudos
RichG
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here too.

Price keeps going up but the service keeps finding new ways to fail.

The lack of response to an issue that has been going on for days once again seems to show a lack of interest on VM's part in actually resolving issues in a decent time period.

Have a feeling this will turn out to be VM failing to work with windows 10 again..

0 Kudos