Menu
thafil
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All techinal requirements, but Virgin anywhere still not working? Help?

I've got Windows 10 and have update all the programmes advised on the technical requirements page and am using the suggested browsers, but when I sign in to start watching something, after pressing the play button - which loads for a little bit - it just shows a blank white screen and doesn't show the program.

Does anyone know why this might be occurring or what I might need to do to be able to get it to work properly?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: All techinal requirements, but Virgin anywhere still not working? Help?

Hi thafil

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're unable to watch TV Anywhere on your computer.

I can see from your account, there are 2 devices that are registered for TV Anywhere. When you go to My Profile then device settings, is this device in question within the registration?

Do you get this same issue with the other device that is registered?

Are you selecting a stream-able channel (wireless symbol)?

Does this occur on all channels or just one?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
thafil
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the delayed response. 

When I initially wrote the post I wasn't getting any messages regarding having reached the limit of devices, but since I have tried to log in again and watch something this evening, it is now telling me I have maximised my limit of devices even though the device I am using is one of the devices is says is registered?

I have tried various channels and they were giving me a blank screen?

But as I said, its now not allowing me to even get to that stage as it says there is already two devises even though I'm using one registered? :s

thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thafil, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having an issue with this. Smiley Sad 

In order to help you with this I'll need to go into the account and check a few things. 
I have been unable to locate your account and need some information from you so that I can resolve this issue.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information Smiley Happy

I've gone into the account and can see there are currently 2 devices registered for use with TV Anywhere. The device you are having the issue on, remove this and I have added a device change in order for you to re-register it. 

You can remove the device by using a PC/Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the device to free up a slot. 

Using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos