Menu
LFCxCOOLEY
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Added New Device Now Neither Works.

Hi I recently removed a device from the registered devices to watch on the TV Anywhere feature so I could add this PC as a registered device, once I removed one of the devices and added this PC, it starting throwing errors about the device not being registered on both this PC and on the Mobile app I had registered, and was wondering how I am able to fix this as I'm no longer able to register a new device until the 1st of May and cannot access it on any of the devices it says it is registered on.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Added New Device Now Neither Works.

Hi LFCxCOOLEY, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face in the crowd.

Apologies that you are having an issue using your PC after registering it. What browser did you use to register it? Have you changed browsers since then?

Using the PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove thePC registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the PC you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere 'On Now' page and try to stream Channel 4. This should then prompt you to register the device. I have added a device change for you to be able to do this.

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi LFCxCOOLEY, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have a new face in the crowd.

Apologies that you are having an issue using your PC after registering it. What browser did you use to register it? Have you changed browsers since then?

Using the PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove thePC registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the PC you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere 'On Now' page and try to stream Channel 4. This should then prompt you to register the device. I have added a device change for you to be able to do this.

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
LFCxCOOLEY
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I opened it on Google Chrome at first then realised it didn't work on there so had to change to IE, but following your steps had worked, thanks a lot for the help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LFCxCOOLEY, 

Thanks for letting coming back and us know things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
edjames6
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, it appears i have the exact same problem. Having read up on your thread though i decided to try and re-register my Laptop on a new browser. I forgot about the registering restrictions and now im unable to regsiter my laptop until the following month. Obviously this is an issue as now i can't use my TV anywhere due to the original problem, please may you also do the same for me as you did LFCxCOOLEY? Likewise i'm hoping it will resolve my same problem.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi edjames, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear that you have been having an issue with this.

In order to help you with this I'll need to go into the account and check a few things. 
I have been unable to locate your account and need some information from you so that I can resolve this issue.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos