Menu
Mike2424
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

'Access Denied' when trying to register tablet for TV anywhere

I am trying to use virgin anywhere on my new tablet. It is a Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F with Android version 5.0.1. 

I have installed the app from the play store and logged in (using the primary account). When I go to play an eligible channel to watch, I click watch now - watch on tablet - register now. The next screen then says 'access denied' and tells me to return to the app.

I have deleted my laptop from the device list and so there is definitely a free device slot. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the virgin anywhere app multiple times but get the same result.

This is extremely frustrating as I bought this new tablet (specifically chose one that wasn't rooted) with the hope of using virgin TV anywhere, but it's not looking very promising!

Please advise.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 'Access Denied' when trying to register tablet for TV anywhere

i have that same tablet and it works OK. 

It will not work on a rooted tablet but that's a different error message I think.

it sounds like you are stuck at the register device stage - the 1st thing to try would be to completely install and re-install the app, rebooting the tablet in between- oops I see you have tried that already. - try settings: manage apps clear cache clear data for that app. . if that also fails you need someone who knows what causes that exact error message. it may be using the tablets browser for that step so clearing browser cache also is worth a try.

have you changed the default browser on your tablet & if so can you try changing that back to chrome, to get past this registration step. 

and if you've been installing the app to an SD card, try installing to main memory instead

i see there are other threads an workarounds if you search this board. - you may be stuck in a half-registered state as per this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Access-denied-on-TV-Anywhere/td-p/2895546

and reverting to LMGTFY:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tv+anywhere+access+denied&rlz=1C1SKPC_enGB374&oq=tv+anywhere+acces...

lots of results to explore

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i have that same tablet and it works OK. 

It will not work on a rooted tablet but that's a different error message I think.

it sounds like you are stuck at the register device stage - the 1st thing to try would be to completely install and re-install the app, rebooting the tablet in between- oops I see you have tried that already. - try settings: manage apps clear cache clear data for that app. . if that also fails you need someone who knows what causes that exact error message. it may be using the tablets browser for that step so clearing browser cache also is worth a try.

have you changed the default browser on your tablet & if so can you try changing that back to chrome, to get past this registration step. 

and if you've been installing the app to an SD card, try installing to main memory instead

i see there are other threads an workarounds if you search this board. - you may be stuck in a half-registered state as per this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Access-denied-on-TV-Anywhere/td-p/2895546

and reverting to LMGTFY:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tv+anywhere+access+denied&rlz=1C1SKPC_enGB374&oq=tv+anywhere+acces...

lots of results to explore

Mike2424
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Who would have thought something as simple as restarting the tablet would make such a difference!

Thanks very much for your quick response and advice.

Mike

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

that's the one rule that even my Wife can remember to use..

for all household electronics, before saying " help, it's broke" , pull the plug out of the wall & start over Smiley Happy

0 Kudos