Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
gman75

buffering on bt sports/ sky 1 and skysports 1 today????

Hello,

I am currently using TV anywhere away from home on a non-virgin media network and this is going through periods of buffering. The connection can be fine for 5 /10 mins, then it will keep buffering, then go ok again. I'm using this on work pc, in a wired state and with 70mb down and 70mb on the up, on speed tests, when testing my connection. Can you advise if any issues with this service??

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Re: buffering on bt sports/ sky 1 and skysports 1 today????

Hi gman75,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the buffering.

This is an issue that has already been raised with our IT team and investigations have shown that that the Broadcasters Ops team are having to restart the transcoders all the time. They are aware of this and are working as hard as they can to get this resolved for you :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Crafty
Vengeance

It's happening again. I get 20 seconds of football and then 3 to 5 seconds of buffering.

It is unwatchable!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
winimann

Having the exact same problem here, I thought it was my wifi or the device I was using, but I'v messed with the wifi and used different devices and still the same.. buffering every 20-30 seconds or so... as the previous poster said, for football, it's pretty unwatchable.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
skidbhoy

Geeting better than me  :-)

I am getting 5 secs of football then 'loading' for the rest of the session.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
gman75

Hi,

This fault is still happening, Do you have any more updates regarding this fault? your last update already advised that you know what is causing the issue, Why after 2 months has a permanent fix not been put in place?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Morbeous

I'm getting this too and have been since yesterday. Football is virtually unwatchable I suppose the only plus point is Man Utd are losing. Come on Virgin fix this
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
fandyboy

[ Edited ]

Typical brilliant Virgin service...

Just stuck on "loading"....  Then buffering literally every 10 seconds, grrrrrr.  

In fact I'm giving up watching the football (thanks Virgin) and will watch the Snooker on BBC iplayer stream, at least the BBC know how to make something that works.

Speedtest shows 10mbs.

Sort it out Virgin.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
alwaysabear

Same here, buffer, buffer every 10 seconds, it would appear there is not enough server capacity for everyone watching the big games on TV Anywhere Grrrr.
Sort it out Virgin we are paying a fortune for these services.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
nook292000

Having the exact same problem, Sky Sports channels are impossible to watch due to constant buffering. BT Sport isn't too bad, but the Sky Sports streams are an absolute joke.

Coupled with the generally poor picture quality of every channel on TV Anywhere, the service really is sub-par.

Please use plain text.