Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Mykeff

Wireless connection

Do I have to use an Ethernet cable for Tv anywhere? I already connect wirelessly from my TiVo to the super hub so why can't this be used for the connection?

All the guides seem to have only cable or home plug as an option.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
griffly16

Re: Wireless connection

[ Edited ]

Hi - TV streams wirelessly for me to my laptop without any issues.

Once your device is registered then you can watch live TV according to your package - I get SkySports streamed without issues. Your Tivo box doesn't need to be connected by ethernet for this.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
paultrademark

Mykeff wrote:

I already connect wirelessly from my TiVo to the super hub so why can't this be used for the connection?

How do you have that set up?

1TB TiVo, 500GB TiVo, V+,
XL TV, 120MB BB, M Phone
If you like my post or want to thank me, click on the Kudos Star or Mark my answer as helpful
Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
mike_gain

paultrademark wrote:

Mykeff wrote:

I already connect wirelessly from my TiVo to the super hub so why can't this be used for the connection?

Probably a wireless access point i.e. plug an ethernet cable from TiVO into access point. Access point talks to router, router and rest of network sees TiVo. There are loads on the market and you shouldn't need to spend more than £50 to get a good one,

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Mykeff wrote:

Do I have to use an Ethernet cable for Tv anywhere? I already connect wirelessly from my TiVo to the super hub so why can't this be used for the connection?

All the guides seem to have only cable or home plug as an option.

If you already have TiVo talking to your SuperHub you don't have to change anything, however TiVo to TiVo streaming may not always work

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
paultrademark

mike_gain wrote:

paultrademark wrote:

Mykeff wrote:

Probably a wireless access point i.e. plug an ethernet cable from TiVO into access point. Access point talks to router, router and rest of network sees TiVo. There are loads on the market and you shouldn't need to spend more than £50 to get a good one,

Yeah I have similar but it was they way he worded it wirelessly from the TiVo.. when it's from an access point :smileyhappy:

1TB TiVo, 500GB TiVo, V+,
XL TV, 120MB BB, M Phone
If you like my post or want to thank me, click on the Kudos Star or Mark my answer as helpful
Please use plain text.