Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy

Virgin Media Remote and TV Anywhere app for Windows 8 RT, Phone 7/8 and Windows 8?

Are there any plans to support these platforms? A large proportion of phones on Virgin Mobile run Windows Phone and Windows 8 is growing fast as a replacement to XP and Windows 7.

It just seems logical that the phones you promote should have this app as a priority... In order to keep customers you should be putting your eggs in as many baskets as possible so to speak... The one phone your app is available on is the phone you have never sold...

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
EDDS

Re: Virgin Media Remote and TV Anywhere app for Windows 8 RT, Phone 7/8 and Windows 8?

+1

Gamertag: EDDS
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: Virgin Media Remote and TV Anywhere app for Windows 8 RT, Phone 7/8 and Windows 8?

[ Edited ]

The TV Anywhere app is based on the apps TiVo have written.

They released an iOS app first, which is why the TV Anywhere app came for TiVo first. They have then released an Android app so that will be the next one to come for TV Anywhere

Currently TiVo haven't released any apps for the other platforms, so although this doesn't rule out Virgin Media doing apps for the other platforms, it would mean a different development cycle and potentially a different app feature set.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy

Still a total cop out by Virgin Media to avoid investment IMO. They could easily create the App themself given the budget... It just suprises me they haven't taken the opportunity to give Virgin Mobile customers something for having the total package. I am not a VMobile customer but it seems mental that they aren't supporting all of their handsets with the app.

The response "we don't support it yet, but may in the future" just doesn't cut it anymore from big companies... Guess I can like it or lump it but with Netflix, 4G and other online services cable tv and fibre broadband seem more and more disposable as time goes on.
Please use plain text.