Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
kyle12

Tv Anywhere Device detection has timed out message

Hi, I tried to use the TV Anywhere feature for the first time today and that's the message I get every time I have tried. I noticed a few posts about this but thought I would try posting my own. I tried to watch a few movies and TV shows thinking it might just be what I was selecting but after a few tries I believe that not to be the case. I then thought it might be that I didn't register my PC before trying to watch something but I get the same message when I go to the options page. I'm using Firefox 18.0 with the latest Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146. I tried disabling my Anti-Virus and Firewall and the same result. Any help would be appreciated but after looking about I didn't see a fix to others with similar problems. Thanks for any replies.

Please use plain text.
Forum Manager (Retired)
Kieren_Retired

Re: Tv Anywhere Device detection has timed out message

Hi kyle12,

Have you tried using any other browsers, such as Internet Explorer?

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kyle12

Hi, I probably should have done that before posting. It works now thanks. I still find it a little strange that firefox doesnt work but internet explorer does. Would prefer to use firfox but cant be picky if it works. Thanks for replying.

Please use plain text.
Forum Manager (Retired)
Kieren_Retired

Yeah it is a little inconvinient. I'm looking into the cause of this though, it seems like the latest Flash version might not play nicely with Firefox 18 yet?

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
fearwing

im also having problems with the tv anywhere as i am using it via my android browser since there is no app for android as of yet  which i think is unfair  it says  its detecting device but then times out   helllpp

Please use plain text.