Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
BigH1

Connect TiVo to Home Network via Smart TV Wireless Adapter

Hello everyone, first post :-)

On the URL below there is a section on how to connect the TiVo box to the home network re TV Anywhere:

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/tvanywhere/app/get-set-up.html

Home or away?

The Virgin TV Anywhere app has two different modes. Away access mode lets you do lots of cool things, like watching live channels, browsing through the TV guide, recording shows or deleting shows from your box without interrupting your show, and you can use this mode at home or when you're out and about. Home mode does all that, and acts like a super advanced remote control for your TiVo box. Once you’ve signed in to the app, it will work out of there is a TiVo box connected to the same network, and will automatically switch to home mode, and enable all of the cool remote control features.

Want to use Home mode? First you must connect your TiVo box to your home network with an Ethernet cable if they are close to each other, or with a Powerline kit or smart TV wireless adapter if they are not in the same room.

Has anyone connected their TiVo box to their home network using a smart TV wireless adapter?

There are no instructions on the TV Anywhere website about how this is done, only instructions for direct ethernet or Powerline connection and the TV Anywhere support team were not even aware that connecting using a smart TV wireless adapter could be done.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Re: Connect TiVo to Home Network via Smart TV Wireless Adapter

Hi BigH1, 

I'm afraid I am with the agents on the phone with this. I am not aware how you would connect through a smart TV wireless adapter because your Tivo needs to be connected to your hub and not your TV :smileyfrustrated:

Maybe a member of the community has done this before and will be able to help.

Thanks, 

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
dannylau

Unless your wireless TV can act as a repeater I very much doubt it can be done

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

I think what the OP wants to do is connect the TiVo wirelessly to the Superhub using the sort of device that you could connect a smart TV to the Superhub with.

A device such as the Netgear WNCE2001.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
BigH1

Yes Ernie_C is correct here.

The URL that says you can connect the TiVo box using a wireless adapter actually has a link to a page for a Netgear wireless router.

However I already have a wireless connection from my TV to my SuperHub2 so I hoped I could use this existing wireless connection to connect the TiVo to the SuperHub2 i.e. TiVo > TV > TV's wireless adapter > SuperHub2
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Ernie_C

In fact I was wrong!!! What you want to do is as dannylau suggested.

I doubt you can do this. You would need a separate adapter for your TiVo.

Please use plain text.