Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
shack69

Browser issue , can not detect device

Ok so there is no android app for the tv anywhere service, and I'm not happy as I appear to be a second class citizen with Virgin for not buying into the Apple machine.

Well Ok I though I have Firefox and Dolphin installed as browsers so I'll just use those like on a PC.  All good at first I can log in and access my Tivo box.  But when I come to watch any video it just says "detecting device" and then times out. 

So Please Virgin sort out this part of the web page so I can use my Tablet to watch please.

As your title says TV Anywhere, not just TV where you have a PC or an Apple device.

Also Read another thread where someone says this is free so don't complain when its not on Android. Well nothing is free and a portion of my monthly payment to Virgin is funding this service and the development so I would like the full service please.

Please use plain text.
Forum Manager (Retired)
Kieren_A

Re: Browser issue , can not detect device

Hi shack69,

Please read the FAQ:

What browsers and operating systems does TV Anywhere support?

Windows XP, Vista, and 7 are supported, as are Mac OSX 10.5 and above. We highly recommend you use IE 7 and above on Windows, and Safari 5 and above for Mac. We also highly recommend Firefox 14 and above for both Windows and Mac. Other browsers are currently unsupported, so we cannot guarantee functionality on them.

If your operating system and browser are not listed here, then they are currently unsupported.

We are actively working on an Android application which will be available in 2013.

Thanks

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
shack69

WhRe: Browser issue , can not detect device

Why can't you just disable the device detection piece on the browser page ?

Please use plain text.
Forum Manager (Retired)
Kieren_A

Re: Browser issue , can not detect device

Device detection is necessary to ensure you are watching from a registered device, so the service isn't being abused. 

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.