Menu
gregorl
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wifi restriction

Am I able to set a timer for my wifi to go off to stop my son being up all night watching his youtube feeds?

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi restriction

you can turn off the wifi every night as long its not a same admin password other word i don't know how to
restrict just wifi i just getting used to the router hub 3 and i have not seen some were have this option just yet

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

confiscate his phone at bedtime?

surely simpler than wanting a complex tech workaround, which has can bypass by just switching to his data plan or to the neighbour's wi-fi

you can connect the hub  to a 24 hour timer and set it to off midnight to 6 am, say, but if he can access the plug....

you can install parental control apps on the phone but if his friends are more tech-savvy than you , they will be past those in no time...

buying smartphones for kids then expecting them to not use them 24/7 is ... [fill the blank yourself]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hiya @gregorl cybmole is referring to the mac filtering feature on the hub -> browsing to http://192.168.0.1 and signing into the hub (logging details are on the hub) -> Advanced Settings -> Security -> MAC Filtering. The Timed Access option is in there.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

paultechy wrote:
hiya @gregorl cybmole is referring to the mac filtering feature on the hub -> browsing to http://192.168.0.1 and signing into the hub (logging details are on the hub) -> Advanced Settings -> Security -> MAC Filtering. The Timed Access option is in there.

i don't think that all versions of the hub have that feature but I could be wrong ?

specifically I recall reading that it was dropped for hub 3

my other points remain valid; nothing you do in the hub blocks youtube via £g, $g to smart phone. or use of any nearby open wifi points.

the best place to control device usage is ON THE DEVICE with suitable apps.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the easy way take his moblie away from him say its sleep time and he gets it back in the morning your in control of his moblie and lock it away for every night

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos