Menu
mike_pepper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

why is web safe blocking my website

Please could anyone explain why this choir website is being cut out by web safe?

www.cardiffpolyphonic.org.uk

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: why is web safe blocking my website

if your website is hosted on a shared server it possible that another site on the same IP address is infected. One of the drawbacks of a shared service.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

See here: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

If there is a website that you believe is safe but has been blocked or there is a site that can be accessed that you believe should be blocked as part of a category, you can report it through My Virgin Media:

1. Register or sign in to virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia with your primary My Virgin Media username and password
  2. Click on My Apps
  3. Click on Web Safe
  4. Click Settings
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Report a Website

If you are not a VM customer but your website is being blocked by VM's Web Safe it's not clear how and to whom this can be reported. 

(EDIT.  From this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Safe-site-blocked/td-p/2835121, post #4:-

If there is a website that you believe is safe, but has been blocked, or there is a site that you believe should be blocked, you can report by emailing websafefeedback@virginmedia.co.uk)

DOH! I don't know how I missed this! It's at the top of the Switched On Families section after all...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Welcome-to-Virgin-Media-Web-Safe-FAQ-s/td-p...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
mike_pepper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your advice. However I have already emailed websafefeedback@virginmedia.co.uk and have not had the courtesy of a reply in 4 days.

How long should I have to wait ?

0 Kudos
mike_pepper
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there another way to contact virginmedia to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if your website is hosted on a shared server it possible that another site on the same IP address is infected. One of the drawbacks of a shared service.
0 Kudos
mike_pepper
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After about 5 days I had a very helpful response from 

Chris  | Web Safe Lead

Broadband Product Performance Analyst
Virgin Media

Unit 3 Fountain Court, Fountain Lane, St Mellons, Cardiff CF3 0FB

and the web safe filters which had been blocking my site have now permitted the site to be opened by people using web safe.

Thank you for prompt resolution.