my web safe won't turn off

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: web safe won't turn off

miles86 wrote:

my web safe won't turn off

Try using a different web browser to turn it off.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
miles86
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

that has not worked im afraid

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

miles86 wrote:

that has not worked im afraid

Web browser switching is the general fix for this issue, for example, the Firefox web browser is known for not always working correctly with the parental controls page. But if that web browser switching does not work, you'll need to contact VM's Customer Services and ask them to turn it off for you. Either call into 150 / 0345 454 1111 and ask for web safe to be turned off. Or use the Contact Us page: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ -> Account and Billing -> Manage your account online. next click the 'Chat Online' button. This option is open to 8PM M-F.

Important things to keep in mind about the Contact Us page: A) Ideally use a desktop / laptop device to access it. B) Or at worst, a mobile device with its web browser in desktop mode. C) If it says all agents are busy, refresh the window again in a few minutes. D) When you see the Start Chat button, click it and quickly fill in your details before the chat slot is lost.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
miles86
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

web safe will not turn off

web safe won't turn off, i have tried everything .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: web safe will not turn off

miles86 wrote:

web safe won't turn off, i have tried everything .

If you cannot turn it off yourself for whatever reason, you'll need to call in or live chat in to VM and ask them to turn it off. I left a post above advising you on how to contact VM.  It's not something the Forum Team tend to adjust.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: web safe will not turn off

Hi miles86,

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to turn off Web Safe.  It looks like you may have spoken with our teams since your last post, let me know if you get any further problems and I'll see if I can help.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos