Menu
adrange301
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

child safe recorded as blocked within the child safe dashboard!!

I a little puzzled by the fact that the Child safe is recorded as blocked within the child safe dashboard. As well whilst the child safe is on, it is not doing protection. 

anybody had such an experience and found a solution..

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: child safe recorded as blocked within the child safe dashboard!!

Interesting typo, it looks like someone was updating that block category and failed to fill the info out correctly. I'll pass that feedback along, as well as another issue I encountered while check this.

Not all websites are known by child safe, if one you feel isn't and want to flag it up, click the report link on the page and report that it should be blocked:

report.png

While you're waiting for the website to be reviewed, you can block it from being accessed via your connection:

r2.png

Note: You must be using VM DNS to have the protection of Web Safe (Child Safe and Virus Safe.) If you aren't using VM DNS, set your device(s) back to automatically getting DNS settings.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@adrange301 I've passed the initial feedback along and from what I can see now, child safe protection isn't working as you mentioned. I re-enabled it and power cycled my hub 3.0+computers (which use VM DNS.) The child safe protection wasn't active. So this too has been passed along.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
adrange301
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Shelke for your prompt response and useful information. However, I found it difficult to follow up your instructions to solve the issue in hand. I included a screenshot of the odd issue of both the record of Child Safe as blocked and the fact that the function of Child safe, despite it is on, is not working at all. 

Please check the screen shot to get a closer idea about the issue. 

Screenshot_3.jpg

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeap, I got a same screenshot in my own account area. It shouldn't be too long before the issue is resolved as the Web Safe Team are looking into it now. Thanks for posting about the issue @adrange301

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@adrange301 Childsafe is working again. Currently it still lists in it settings that it has blocked itself, but that is a page coding issue or something like that. The actual blocking is restored, so at least that side of it is 'good' again.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi adrange301 & Shelke,

Thanks for flagging this.

I was alerted to this right towards the end of my shift yesterday, at which point I flagged it to our Internet Security team. I have only just had a chance to catch up on things.

But I've had an update to share with you - namely the inclusion of Child-Safe in the Mandatory Filters list is a typo and will have no operational affect upon Child Safe.

By the way it should read 'Anonymous Surfing' and will be modified at a later date.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team