Menu
M5pop
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Ycannot switch web safe off

Hi, I want to switch web safe off on my broadband but cannot for some reason.

Everytime I go into my apps there is no option for setting and also my account shows as diconnected.

Any idea why this is?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ycannot switch web safe off

M5pop wrote:

Hi, I want to switch web safe off on my broadband but cannot for some reason. Everytime I go into my apps there is no option for setting and also my account shows as disconnected.

Perhaps you're logging into account which is not tied to your billing account, like an orphaned virgin.net account? Are you still with VM? Or were you one of those migrated to TalkTalk.  

If you were one of those customers who were migrated to TalkTalk, then it would be expected to see your account disconnected as the deadline was around this time frame for the cut off. Just change the DNS settings in the router you kept from VM or switch it out for the router TalkTalk sent you - the Web Safe messages would go away then.

However, if you are a VM cable customer, you have bigger problems than being able to access a few websites. How do you pay your bills normally? Made any changes there without informing VM of them? If your account was disconnected, you'd have no VM services.

As billing matters aren't dealt with via the community you'd need to call in or web chat in to discuss the matter. To discuss your billing issue via call in, ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> confirm any details if prompted -> then from the menu go with either A) option 1 (Billing) -> option 3 (For information on you bill and payments), Or B) Option 4 -> option 5 -- note this option is staffed between 8AM to 8PM M-F, 8AM  to 6PM Sa.

Web chat in wise go with: Account and Billing -> Understanding my Broadband, TV and Home phone bill -> Chat Online. Do so between 8AM to 8PM M-F, 9AM to 5PM Sa. Use a desktop / laptop to access the page. Also, if it tells you all agents are busy, reload the page every 3 minutes and check again. Or leave the page up until a chat prompt shows and use it to start a chat,

Either of those two contact routes would shed light on the matter.

Edit: corrected a typo.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos