Menu
ClibleClible
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Websafe blocking websites even though I have childsafe and virus safe off?

Hi there,

I was wondering if somebody can help me out here. Websafe seems to keep blocking websites that I try to access even though childsafe and virussafe are switched off. Anyone from the team able to help me out here? 

Regards,

Clive 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Websafe blocking websites even though I have childsafe and virus safe off?

ClibleClible wrote:

Hi there,

I was wondering if somebody can help me out here. Websafe seems to keep blocking websites that I access even though childsafe and virussafe are switched off.

Did you cache clear the web browser(s) you use and then reboot the Superhub after turning off WebSafe? This has fixed the problem for other people (WebSafe changes not to be acknowledged.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
ClibleClible
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, ive tried that and its still not allowing me in certain websites.I never activated it, the websafe came on by itself one day and I have never been able to change it since

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well, a member of the Forum Team can get it adjusted for you in that case, but it will be up to three days before you get a reply from one of them. Out of curiousity - which component of WebSafe is doing the block. I.E. Does it mention virus safe (protecting your device from maleware) or child safe?

In the interim, if you change your device's DNS to something any other than VM DNS - you will no longer be blocked by WebSafe. Google DNS is a good choice: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the two Google DNS servers.

Make sure to close and re-open your web browser after making the change. If need, flush the dns by doing a manual DNS flush or just reboot the device (simplest way to go about it.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
ClibleClible
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had Childsafe on a one point and virussafe off, therefore I'm assuming its Childsafe. Im sorry I'm not that tech savy so I don't know how to do a DNS flush. Thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Then just do a reboot of the device after changing the DNS settings on the device to Googles.

If you can name the device+operating system I'll either be able to outright tell you how to change the DNS or point you in a direction of guide which shows you how to do it.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
ClibleClible
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Macbook Air and OS X El Capitan

0 Kudos
ClibleClible
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry i have been able to change the DNS, thank you ever so much for all your help. 

0 Kudos