Menu
Stxejh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Web safe

Link to web safe in "my apps" doesn't work. Any ideas?   Also does anyone else find it ironic that this site is so slow?

0 Kudos
Stxejh
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Web safe. Found a way to do it .....

go to site map then parental control (no mention of web safe at this stage), then "get Virgin media security", then "more about web safe" and then finally it takes you to the settings page. Whoever designed this site is a genius. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web safe

Maybe your were trying to access it while maintenance was being done on the website? Or your web browser needed to forcibly refresh its cache?

I just checked the link now and it is working without issue for me and I'm not seeing any slow loading. Generally when I have issues getting a page to load I cache clear and try again. If that doesn't help, I try another web browser. If it works in the alternative web browser then I focus on troubleshooting why my main web browser won't load the page.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web safe. Found a way to do it .....

Stxejh wrote:

go to site map then parental control (no mention of web safe at this stage), then "get Virgin media security", then "more about web safe" and then finally it takes you to the settings page. Whoever designed this site is a genius. 

A direct link to Websafe settings is the second option in 'My Apps' on the main My Virgin Media customer page:

websafe.jpg

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web safe

Use a different browser is an oft used suggestion by VM, and usually works.

Why they can't ensure their sites work with all browsers is another question.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos