Menu
spag
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Web safe not blocking sites

I've followed the instructions to turn on Websafe, and it now says it is on, and Child safe, and I've put two specific websites to block. It says it is all active, yet if I try to go on those websites they don't come up with a blocked message, so its obviously not working. 

Any tips on what I need to do to get it to actually block sites or make the internet safer for my kids who use it daily. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web safe not blocking sites

spag wrote:

I've followed the instructions to turn on Websafe, and it now says it is on, and Child safe, and I've put two specific websites to block. It says it is all active, yet if I try to go on those websites they don't come up with a blocked message, so its obviously not working. 

Any tips on what I need to do to get it to actually block sites or make the internet safer for my kids who use it daily. 

I am getting inconsistent results suggesting there might well be an issue with Web Safe. You can either contact Virgin Media to try and resolve the issue over the phone or webchat, or wait for a forum team member to look into the issue but this can take a few days.

FYI, I blocked example.com but found I was still able to visit the website and with bbc.com I found it took awhile for the website to be blocked.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web safe not blocking sites

0 Kudos