Menu
MalandBren75
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Web safe / F Secure

If we have VM Web safe do we need to pay for F Secure?

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Web safe / F Secure

MalandBren75 wrote:

Web Safe is one of Virgin Media's many inclusives. It prevents unsavory/adult websites from being visited by devices using your Virgin Media broadband connection. Virus Safe prevents some websites with known virus'd downloads being visited. Neither of these stops virus'd etc files from being downloaded from websites that aren't blocked by Web Safe / Virus Safe.

F-Secure SAFE on the other hand is an Anti-Virus suite that you get free for one year, but have to pay for afterwards (subscribing directly with F-Secure.) There are many antivirus solutions out there, some free, some paid. Each one has different features and different problems - so if you're looking for an antivirus that best suits your needs. Googling will bring up some good antivirus comparison results.

Personally I use the built in antivirus in Windows (Windows Defender.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Web safe / F Secure

MalandBren75 wrote:

Web Safe is one of Virgin Media's many inclusives. It prevents unsavory/adult websites from being visited by devices using your Virgin Media broadband connection. Virus Safe prevents some websites with known virus'd downloads being visited. Neither of these stops virus'd etc files from being downloaded from websites that aren't blocked by Web Safe / Virus Safe.

F-Secure SAFE on the other hand is an Anti-Virus suite that you get free for one year, but have to pay for afterwards (subscribing directly with F-Secure.) There are many antivirus solutions out there, some free, some paid. Each one has different features and different problems - so if you're looking for an antivirus that best suits your needs. Googling will bring up some good antivirus comparison results.

Personally I use the built in antivirus in Windows (Windows Defender.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.