Menu
frank9648
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Web Safe:

web safe it is turned off! but I cant get on some websites I just get the web site blocked page. I have spoken to two operatives who confirm it is off! yet it is still on!!!!!!

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Web Safe:

frank9648 wrote:

web safe it is turned off! but I cant get on some websites I just get the web site blocked page. I have spoken to two operatives who confirm it is off! yet it is still on!!!!!!

There were a number of reported cases last week about websafe being on and in the settings it shows as turned off. I.E. a break down in communication between the the front end (My VM) and the system back end.

If you could do this fix attempt then let us know how it goes? Turn websafe on. After the setting has been giving some time to stick (3-5 minutes.) Then turn it off, close your web browser, give it some minutes. Open the web browser to try browsing again to the adult websites.

In the case that websafe is still blocking your connection, a member of the Forum Team will be able to escalate it for correction for you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

frank9648 wrote:

There were a number of reported cases last week about websafe being on and in the settings it shows as turned off. I.E. a break down in communication between the the front end (My VM) and the system back end.

If you could do this fix attempt then let us know how it goes? Turn websafe on. After the setting has been giving some time to stick (3-5 minutes.) Then turn it off, close your web browser, give it some minutes. Open the web browser to try browsing again to the adult websites.

In the case that websafe is still blocking your connection, a member of the Forum Team will be able to escalate it for correction for you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi frank9648,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Web Safe is blocking site access despite being turned off.  Could you let me know if Shelke's suggestion has worked for you?  If not, I'll be happy to investigate things further.

Speak soon!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
frank9648
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you  

It worked this time even though I have done this several times.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

frank9648 wrote:

Thank you  

It worked this time even though I have done this several times.

Oh that's great news, thanks for letting me know how it went Cat Happy

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi frank9648,

I'm glad to hear that worked, kudos to Shelke!

Let us know if you have any further problems in future.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
frank9648
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

However! the same thing is happening again!!!

I have tried your solution several times Shelke!

this is so frustrating Virgin Media I am an adult stop treating me like a child!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

frank9648 wrote:

However! the same thing is happening again!!!

I have tried your solution several times Shelke!

this is so frustrating Virgin Media I am an adult stop treating me like a child!

That's odd (and troubling.) About the contact email address VM have for you, is it or isn't that contact email address receiving emails about websafe being switched on/off? (outwith the ones generated by your attempts to get it to save to off again.) In anycase, @Kev_B has the correct level of access to check into this for you.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos
frank9648
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

sorry I do not understand that?

I get e-mail saying it been changed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

frank9648 wrote:

sorry I do not understand that?

I get e-mail saying it been changed

Around the time frame you tried to turn it on/off again you received websafe email(s) - but were there no emails about websafe when it started blocking your browsing again suddenly?

- - - - - -
0 Kudos