Menu
Biker2day
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin games - block?

We moved house and connected up the virgin second box to an old LCD tv for the kids. My 5 year old quickly discovered games and "watched me put the pin in over my shoulder and remembered it".

I didn't realise it was even possible to spend money on the second box as it doesn't even record/pause etc but when he told us he was "buying games, but it's just pretend" we quickly changed the pin and locked it down.

The problem is I need to put the pin in every 2 minutes for films/netflix etc so it's only a matter of time n before he works it out again.

So, is there any way that I can block payments to games at account level? That way I can keep the tv in the kids playroom without worrying about any surprise bills.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin games - block?

hiya @Biker2day welcome to the virginmedia community forum, yes i believe if you call/contact customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111 or online chat @ http://contact.virignmedia.com (using a pc/laptop) the online chat is a very popular service so if you refresh the page every 20-30 seconds..
they should be able to set amount of credit on the box to £0.00 so cant order PPV (pay perviews) adult content or games
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Biker2day
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin games - block?

For info, I've spoken to Virgin support and they're not able to block payments. The only option is the PIN, which isn't much good when you're putting it in every 2 minutes and have a 5 year old determined to catch you out.

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos