Menu
Highlighted
flyingstars
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Time restrictions for child's device

Hello

We've upgraded from superhub 2 to 3. We no longer have the feature for timed access for devices. How can I limit when I let my child's iPad connect to the internet?

I thought of setting the timings for switching guest network on/off and having ipad on guest network.

Can't seem to find how to do it?

Help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Time restrictions for child's device

flyingstars wrote:

Hello

We've upgraded from superhub 2 to 3. We no longer have the feature for timed access for devices. How can I limit when I let my child's iPad connect to the internet?

I thought of setting the timings for switching guest network on/off and having ipad on guest network.

Thanks!

There is a post from Shelke here, post #3 in the thread, which suggests a workaround: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/m-p/31388...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello flyingstars

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having difficulties setting up timed access for some devices. A guest network can be set up via the Advance settings/wireless menu Configure Advanced Settings on your Virgin Media Hub although I do not think it is possible to automatically switch it off at predefined times, in fact you may need to do it manually.

Thank you 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

flyingstars wrote:

Hello

Thanks!

There is a post from Shelke here, post #3 in the thread, which suggests a workaround: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/m-p/31388...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
flyingstars
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks!
0 Kudos
tkdsouth
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had to use this option too, and it is actually pretty useless.