Menu
wifeysamuels
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Switching off websafe...

How do I switch off websafe?   I've switch it off in apps but it is still blocking websites.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching off websafe...

wifeysamuels wrote:

How do I switch off websafe?   I've switch it off in apps but it is still blocking websites.

You may have to reboot your hub and devices too. If that doesn't help, try turning it on again, wait 10 minutes. Turn it off once more, reboot your hub and all kit.

Ultimately, if none of the above works, it may require a member of staff to go into your account and turn it off (that kind of situation does occur periodically.) A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can do it for you, but response times are about a week or so in wait time. Or you could ring 150 (from a VM phone) / 0345 454 1111 (from any phone) -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 2 to report a fault -> report a broadband fault. Ask for it to be turned off. You could also ask for it to be done via the Webchat (via a laptop or desktop) and use the broadband faults option -> Chat online. You may need to reload the page periodically until you get through to an agent (every 3 minutes, interval wise.)

In the interim, change the DNS settings on your device to something like Google DNS or whatever and you won't be bothered by WebSafe in the meantime.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching off websafe...

Hi wifeysamuels, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board here Smiley Happy

Checking the account I can see that the Websafe choice is set to off so I'm hoping things have been resolved. 

If you are still having trouble accessing websites, let us know which ones and we can investigate this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos