Menu
cerialkiller
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3

i have used the superhub 2 for some time and loved the way i could control the time of access to the internet for various users with the mac address. stop the kids staying up late.

i have been upgraded to the superhub 3 and cant see that choice

can somebody help

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3

You won't like the reply, I'm sorry to say.

VM have flatly refused to say anything meaningful about new fiormware for the Hub 3 and what it will contain - if it happens at all (though it has been hinted by a Forum Team member).

With the Hub 3, the only way to have full control of everything is to put it into modem mode and attach your own wireless router.  Indeed anyone serious about the Internet would do that as the Hub is only a get-you-going device.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

brum_ghanchi
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3.0 was supposed to be better than superhub 2, however, it is unstable to accommodate the higher speeds.

The 2ac I believe was the best router from Virginmedia...At the end of the day you're a paying customer and shouldn't be worse off when upgrading to a supposed better Superhub 3.

Wireless, it is much worse (half of 2ac) - stick to wired.

0 Kudos
cerialkiller
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have found the mac address filtering under security but I set the items I want to restrict and set the times for it to be on and when I apply it knocks all the other device off the router.
Virgin please can you explain.
0 Kudos
cerialkiller
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why is it when you add device to the mac list when permently on it blocks them. Please can you sort this problem out. Otherwise I will be phoning asking for the engineer to replace hub3 for hub2
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cerialkiller wrote:
Why is it when you add device to the mac list when permently on it blocks them. Please can you sort this problem out. Otherwise I will be phoning asking for the engineer to replace hub3 for hub2

it might get sorted - but like their fix dates it will move many times and unlike their fix dates no info will be given

if you did not keep the hub2 when you upgraded your chances of getting one sent or swapped by a tech are are pretty much zero - if you still have the hub2 and it supports the package you are on then give retentions a call and push them to let you put it back on 

if you dont have the 2 then dont go buying one on ebay or wherever - VM wlil not activate that

Tony
0 Kudos