Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 22 (749 Views)

Re: Superhub 3 MAC Address filtering

Hi Adam,

After having recieved and installed by replacement Superhub 3, I regret to inform you that the problem still exists.

i can still only add one rule, that seems to apply to all users.

When I add a user , and set a rule, it will automatically block that user, regardless of what times I've set for the rule.

Can u offer any more advice?

Regards

Cramar

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 12 of 22 (726 Views)

Hello Cramar,

Further to our private correspondence, I have spoken with Nicola regarding this and it does appear that the issue experienced is related to the firmware.

The team are working to get this resolved ASAP and more information will be noted via the Forum when available.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 13 of 22 (583 Views)

Hi,

I have the same issue. MAC address filtering with time restrictions doesn't work. 

Any idea when an update will be released that will resolve this problem ?

Thanks

Joining in
Message 14 of 22 (519 Views)

Hello

We are having the same issue. We had replacement hub 3 but we still can't add the time restriction on our laptop.

It's frustrating not being able to do time restrictions.

Can someone update please.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 22 (488 Views)

Hi.

I'd like to add my frustrations to this thread which seem to be the same as many other users I've read about. Sorry if it's a bit long winded!

I upgraded to a SH3 from a SH2 hoping to improve the wireless coverage in our house.

Having 3 teenage children it is important for us to be able to restrict access during the night. Having set up the MAC filtering for the devices and time restrictions I too found that the Wi-Fi was stopped to all devices immediately. Having convinced myself I wasn't doing something wrong I phoned tech support who knew nothing about the issue. After factory resets and other tests including one where he tried it in his office and replicated the fault. Eventually it was decided that the best solution was to send me out an old SH2 model where the filterering was known to work. However another SH3 was delivered not a 2. I phoned back and explained the probelms again and support said it must have been a mistake and would send me out a SH2 and packaging to return the SH3. A few days later, another delivery, another SH3 (and no return packaging). I now have 3 SH3's and no SH2.

This is a firmware issue that VM seem to be aware of but not taking seriously, completely ignoring as their tech support no nothing about it. The software interface is there but doesn't work so it was obviosly the intention to provide MAC filtering. However there are loads of people experiencing the same problem having read lots of these threads.

This must be a really serious issue for many parents in a similar position to us so it's hard to understand why VM don't consider it a high enough priority to resolve with an update.

I'm now resigned to this problem not being resolved and see little point in trying my luck with tech support again.

We need some better information as to if this problem will be fixed and if so when, ASAP is not good enough.

As I've emphasised this is a real concern for us and if we don't see any solution will have to consider alternative providers.
Tuning in
Message 16 of 22 (338 Views)

We are still waiting for this firmware, it's been over a year. Man Sad

Joining in
Message 17 of 22 (263 Views)

Can the Virgin Team tell us when this issue will be fixed?? or can someone tell me how to contact Sir Richard Branson ?

Tuning in
Message 18 of 22 (250 Views)

I've already cancelled my Virgin contract and moved over to EE.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 19 of 22 (247 Views)

Sparr0w wrote:

Can the Virgin Team tell us when this issue will be fixed?? or can someone tell me how to contact Sir Richard Branson ?

Sir Richard has nothing to do with Virgin media except for leasing the brand name

Superuser
Message 20 of 22 (193 Views)

Personally I hate this method of ensuring kids are off the web anyway.

As a parent you should be laying down ground rules and then in one measure trusting them to stick to those rules.  But in another measure making sure that when those rules are broken, you deal with it directly.

MAC address filtering says "I want you off the web but I don't trust you not to do so."

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos